• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Tell me what you think

deane

I've been working on this logo and needed some input. Thanks in advance for your comments.

Attachments

• relander quarter horses.jpg
    relander quarter horses.jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 112

QualitySigns

I think it looks very nice overall; however the "Quarter Horses" doesn't seem to fit somehow. Perhaps it's a bit too casual? Maybe try a serif font that gives it a more even, clean look to match the name and graphics.

deane

I was thinking the same thing. Thanks for the input.

Attachments

• relander quarter horses2.jpg
    relander quarter horses2.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 72

QualitySigns

How about this font? It's not quite so "perfect." The font is Californian.

Attachments

• relander%20quarter%20horses.jpg
    relander%20quarter%20horses.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 81

Red Ball

Seasoned Citizen
Maybe all capitals, a line of seperation and no reverse color block. My eye is conflicted and bounces up and down.

But I am tired.

Fitch

Agrees with the capitals. Upper / lower case always seems to diminsh the "punch" for me.

Also try another 10 - 20% darkness on the horse only, seems to get a little lost with the adornments.

Try a thin blue line above the current heavy section where the text "Quarter Horses" is. Will separate just that little better. Not too heavy though, the secret is to trick the eye into seeing an "emphasis" between the two sections while softening the blend between the two.

Cheers - G

signmeup

Remove "quarter horses" altogether. Also remove the sign panel. If you need it for a sign add those back at that time.

designali

Just my tweek'in

I really like the Type you used and the way the R and A flow.
I thought it looked like a sign in a sign before.
I'm not sure you need the horse art either. Simplify, its a great start.
just my 2 cents.
Patty

Attachments

• relanderRE.jpg
    relanderRE.jpg
    110.9 KB · Views: 81
  • relanderRE2.jpg
    relanderRE2.jpg
    81.9 KB · Views: 87

deane

I really appreciate all of the input. At times I try to put too much into a logo. This is a really good forum to bounce around ideas. The all caps, I definitely agree on as well as the reverse panel. I can't decide if the horse in black competes to much with the lettering versus the horse in gray.

Attachments

• relander quarter horses3.jpg
    relander quarter horses3.jpg
    33.1 KB · Views: 78

signmeup

See!!? (the one on the right)

Much better. The horse could use a little tweaking and I'd do everything black but it's coming along nice.
So much better without the grey outline.

Jillbeans

Is it just me? I read the name as Irelander.
It does look better without the panel shape.
I'd also lose that swash on the lower right, and tuck Quarter Horses under RELANDER as suggested by designali. But not in all-caps italic, that's too race car looking.
Love....Jill

TheSellOut

in your Post #9, the layout on the right is really looking nice! I agree with JBeans on dropping the lower shash and try just a line like on top. Then like suggested, tuck that 1/4 horses up under "Relander" (didn't see Irelander til you pointed it out Jill) and try it in all caps as well as an option going back to Title Case. Looking good!

So much better without the grey outline.

+10

Marlene

this is a tiny little thing but I would clip the end serif of the A off so the nice swoosh is a smooth curve. (note mine isn't all that smooth as it is a rough but you get the idea.) the version without the shadow is very nice

Attachments

• horse.jpg
    horse.jpg
    88.7 KB · Views: 101

signmeup

I made the horse bigger and "Quarter Horses" smaller and deleted the lower swoosh/line thingy.

What font is "Relander"?

Attachments

• Relander.jpg
    Relander.jpg
    20.8 KB · Views: 86

deane

O.K. here are the changes. Marlene,thanks for the node editing input, I had forgotten about it, just hadn't gotten that far yet.

Jill, hopefully that will cure the Irelander issue. Once you pointed it out, I could see it.

The reason for the panel shape is because this is for an entrance sign coming onto their property. When I show it to them, I have a feeling that they will want Quarter Horses larger on the sign.

thanks for all the comments.

Attachments

• relander quarter horses4.jpg
    relander quarter horses4.jpg
    33.9 KB · Views: 74

Jillbeans

Much cleaner and more concise.
I want that bottom rule line at the same justification as the bottom of the L tho.
:)

ForgeInc

You have a nice ligature there and it's a great start. With just a bit of refining I think you'd be there. These comments will reference the first option you posted. I like the gray, just think it needs to be 10-20% darker. It goes well with the blue. I also like the outline, though it could be slightly thinner. Not sure about the little swooshy thing/extra shape on the bottom rule. I think you could have it be a clean rule, and maybe go across the entire portion like the top. You'll have to experiment with it, adding spaces, etc where it would cross other letters. It might just need to stop short similar to how you have it now.

I would also experiment with 2-3 more typefaces for the "quarter horses" text. Needs to be about 40-60 % smaller size in my opinion. Definitey all caps, and maybe spaced out a bit. Try something in Garamond maybe, perhaps a nice clean, light-ish san serif like avenir or helvetica neue or the like. Not opposed to a treatment like Designali posted, though the font is way off there. Needs to be more clean.

Again, great start! these comments are subtle, you are close.

ForgeInc

EDIT: Think signs pretty much did everything I was verbally suggesting earlier, though I would make that type just a bit smaller maybe, so it's slightly more spaced out. I still think it's be worth a few typeface options too.

Might also suggest a medium between your horse placement and his. Good call Think, it was a bit tight there.