• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Tension check in Caldera

Neyland

Hi all. I am printing on lexjet velvet pro, which is a 15oz. commercial grade wallcovering. I'm printing out of caldera on the Epson S70670. I was wondering about the tension check setting. It gives me the option to check Periodic, Every Page, or Off. I'll be honest, not even sure what these mean. so I'm not sure which one to go with. Does anyone have some advice for me?

nirupakah

we use the default settings which is "periodic check", I think it checks the tension every few (5?) metres; every page means that the checks are more frequent, but not sure what it means exactaly, I do not think we have ever tried it. Do not use "off" – it will unwind the print medium at the back of the printer and it can be damaged in the process.
See also page 146 of the users manual: ftp://download.epson-europe.com/pub/download/5128/epson512842eu.pdf