• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Test

Colin

I now know what this font is, but I'd like to see what y'all find with your various methods.

My customer sent me a JPG of their logo which contained these letters, and to my surprise, not only did I not have the font, but FMF gave nothing on a web search. I was perplexed, as the customer later referred me to it on DaFont as a free download.

What do you get? (If you have this font on your computer, it will show on FMF).

Attachments

• test.jpg
    test.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 61

oldgoatroper

Roper of Goats. Old ones.
Colin, the closet I get is ATSackersGothic, but only after squishing a bit. The "O" defn' looks like it originally was a circle that has been subsequently squished.

But, squishing doesn't fully account for how narrow the "B" and "P" are as compared to Sackers.

Soooo.... I don't know.

oldgoatroper

Roper of Goats. Old ones.
I just went into serif fonts at dafont.com and entered "M BOAMP" for display characters and just cruised them 50 at a time looking only at the "M" -- its pretty unique and it didn't take long to pop out. I had the other letters next to it to confirm if a possible match warranted a further look.

Didn't take long.

Colin

Well done.

I look forward to when FMF has a more comprehensive data bank for web searches.

SignosaurusRex

Colin;1028315.........I look forward to when FMF has a more comprehensive data bank for web searches.[/QUOTE said:
While FMF could benefit from having a larger database for online searches, I believe there may be another issue that needs to be addressed. Point in case...Yesterday Shovelhead posted a pic of a Blambot font called WAR MONGER. FMF picked it up on my system but not when searched online. FMF stopped searching once it found something that could have resembled WAR MONGER in an embryo state. I then ran Blambot's BADABOOM through FMF and it was quickly ID'd using both functions separately. Shovelhead complained about FMF not picking it up on his end as well. FMF seems to be hit and miss with amazing regularity on what should be easily ID'd fonts. Have you had that issue at all?

Colin

Have you had that issue at all?

Not exactly, but I did have one disappointing experience lately with this image (this has been cropped). I wrongly assumed that the white outline was an outline, when in fact it is the actual letter, with a burgundy inline. Anyways, FMF didn't find it at all when I selected the burgundy, even though it was on my computer. It only worked if the white is selected.

I thought that it would at least find it based on the shape & form of the letters, but it didn't.

Still, I'm thankful for the time & effort Harris has put into this software. It'll only get better.

Attachments

• font.jpg
    font.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 63
Last edited:

SignosaurusRex

Don't get me wrong Colin, I too think FMF is well worth the $ and it will only get better. I don't mean to sound so critical of the program...just honest.

Microsoft's Constantia?