• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

The Americans - Great Show

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
In case you haven't tuned it in, The Americans on Wednesdays at 10 on the FX channel is well worth watching. It's about a married couple in the Reagan years who are actually Russian undercover agents.

Also great fun is Shameless on Showtime ... although decidedly not for the kids.

ThinkRight

It took me about 2 shows of the Americans to really like it.
Now I am hooked.
Shamless...
Funny stuff, but sometimes they do cross the line.
Did you hear this will be the last season of Dexter ? :banghead:

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
It took me about 2 shows of the Americans to really like it.
Now I am hooked.
Shamless...
Funny stuff, but sometimes they do cross the line.
Did you hear this will be the last season of Dexter ? :banghead:

We love the way Keri Russell is all business. I put The Americans in the same class as Homeland.

Shameless is for those who want their lines crossed. Outrageous but puts us in stitches every week.

Haven't heard about Dexter but it makes sense. Maybe he and Deb will get married. :ROFLMAO:

Wraptrick

I watched the first 2 episodes, and lost interest... might have to revisit.

Didn't hear about Dexter, though... I guess they've had a good run, but it's a great show.

Watch Shameless, too... cracks me up, especially the highly inappropriate parts.

ThinkRight

We love the way Keri Russell is all business. I put The Americans in the same class as Homeland.

Shameless is for those who want their lines crossed. Outrageous but puts us in stitches every week.

Haven't heard about Dexter but it makes sense. Maybe he and Deb will get married. :ROFLMAO:

Homeland has crossed the line too.
In a good way.
A very well written fiction thriller is now reality TV.
Go figure :clapping:

Mike F

+1 on both shows, I was stoked for The Americans as soon as it was announced and it still blew my expectations out of the water.

Shameless is just plain amazing.

Was avoiding Homeland for awhile but finally gave it a chance over the weekend, watched the first 2 episodes Sunday, next 6 Monday, and the final 4 of season 1 last night. I'll probably end up starting on season 2 this weekend.

Kinda torn about the last seasons of Breaking Bad and Dexter. As much as I'll hate to see them go, if they end as strong as Rescue Me did a few years ago, I'll at least be content.