• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

The Gandi is back Pred8tor

cwb143

Ok thanks I understand. Probably takes some getting use to.
I didn't like the Gandi at first. But I know it pretty well now.
It runs everyday sometimes 24hrs. It's a machine it
It breaks sometimes. Kinda boring tho

W

www.esigns.com

Not sure what kind of belt you have on your's, but double sided carpet tape works very well on our 4 year old QS. We tape down double sided Eco board on the second side. Lamps make it curl but the tape holds it down well.

Maybe it is a difference in models and operations. I don't see how you can tape leading edge at all (it goes to fence) and with the speed of our GS - not enough time to jump in and tape the trailing one. Also belt looks pretty non-sticky open weave surface. But again you could be right and it might be the operator thing.

animenick65

Maybe it is a difference in models and operations. I don't see how you can tape leading edge at all (it goes to fence) and with the speed of our GS - not enough time to jump in and tape the trailing one. Also belt looks pretty non-sticky open weave surface. But again you could be right and it might be the operator thing.

True, the speed of the GS plays a part in what you can do in between sheets. You'd need a helper to tape boards. Just telling you our experience on our QS and it works well. We will be dealing with your same situation next month when our brand new GS3200 gets set up.

HulkSmash

True, the speed of the GS plays a part in what you can do in between sheets. You'd need a helper to tape boards. Just telling you our experience on our QS and it works well. We will be dealing with your same situation next month when our brand new GS3200 gets set up.

Is that self loading....?

animenick65

Is that self loading....?

It feeds a sheet in once it's placed against the fence and the print is initiated, but if you mean completely autonomous in sheet loading, then no. That's what the media master is for.

The new GS3250lx has a continuous board option that I wish we had. I really wish we had sprung for that model.

Grizzly

It’s all about your print!
My thoughts on the Pred8tor.

I thought the Predator was cool looking and had some "Techy" coolness to them. The ipad is cool but I don't think it is productive friendly. They only run uni-directional and it is very expensive. ($350-$400,000 is what Harry threw out to us. We purchased the 50th Gandi Flatbed printer and were pretty good friends with Harry) For a 4x8 flatbed, when compared to almost the same unit from Agfa (1224HDC priced at $250,000) I wouldn't buy the Predator. The purpose of the uni-directional was to eliminate light banding which it didn't do. Give them a few more years and I think it will be another great machine. (My two flatbeds, the Jeti 3150, designed by Harry, and the 1224 HDC basically started by Harry? and then refined and improved by AGFA, are great!) I've got a few videos of it if anyone wants to see it running at the show in Vegas, April 2011.
Jeremy

cwb143

@ animenick I saw that media machine and thats awesome. That is the way to go if you got enough work.

animenick65

@ animenick I saw that media machine and thats awesome. That is the way to go if you got enough work.

If you are printing 18x24's all day, sure. Looks like a lot of room for failure there. My industry has far too many variables in terms of material to make the media master an option for us.

cwb143

I hear ya. Ya we print volume of same size all day. might be 48x72 for a week or it might be 41" x 59" for a week. but whatever it is. its large runs of the same. So A media manager would be good over here.