• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Thinking of buying Encad Printer...

DO Grafx

Anyone have any advice on Encad Printers? Are they good, are the inks expensive etc? Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks in advance.

OldPaint

i got a 736.............works grewat for all the printing i do.which aint much. helps with the detailed art work if its a short term sign........rather then paint it..........i print it stick and get PAID.........
inks are not that expensive and now ENCAD no longer services or sells carts............so you will need to get a decoder and chinese carts............

OldPaint

have to have INKJET RECEPTIVE COATING...........wont print other wise.
decoder chip.....................has to do with the ink carts. to use other then ENCAD CARTS...you WILL NEED A DECODER CHIP.

MachServTech

How much are you spending on this machine?
Encads are very very maintenance heavy at this point because of their age. You can still get some production done on one... if it is indoor only. If they were cheap enough buy two. one for parts.

Unless this machine is practically free you are much better off subbing work out until you can afford a more appropriate machine.

Checkers

Kodak shut down its Encad operations a while ago. Although you can still get parts and supplies for some of their machines, I would rather look for something else.
So, what printer are you looking to get?

Checkers

Techman

I run an encad 600 all the time. It runs like it should. Parts are around cheap. I just had to change a motherboard because of a power problem. I keep it unplugged when not using it now. There are inks and cartridges cheap on ebay. It does adequate work. I wouldn't get rid of mine for anything.. Its paid for an does work people are willing to pay for.