• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Third party Inks in a RF-640

heyskull

I have been using third party inks in my RF-640 for the last 4-5 months.
Over the last batch of inks I have had issues on all media types and manufacturers of colours bleeding in together on prints.
I have never had any issues on my old printer using third party inks and it has saved me £1000s over the years.
I cannot warrant buying original Inks as after tax (VAT) each 500ml cartridge costs £105.60 in the UK and I need 8 off them!
Can anyone suggest a supplier in the UK or anyone who has had similar problems using third party inks on these machines?

Thanks

heyskull

I don't want to name and shame.
I am just asking the question if anyone has had similar issues with third party inks?

Thanks

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Not all 3rd party inks are equal. Here in the US the trusted 3rd party brands are Bordeaux, JetBest, and STS for the most part. But I run into shops running no name Chinese inks all the time that destroy their machines but they couldn't turn down $25 per liter.

heyskull

It is an Unnamed brand probably coming from China (But do a lot of them not originate there?).
I have used JetBest for years in our other printer (Mutoh Valuejet 1604) with amazing results.