• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

This weeks truck striping

Arlo Kalon 2.0

This customer brought Google images pics which I largely ignored. As usual, the iPod camera didn't accurately show the colors. I used imitation gold with yellow added, chamois and white. I ran out of steam before I got to the hood and tailgate - finishing it tomorrow... I'm still maintaining my rate of $100.00 an hour with about 3 tablespoons of paint as my entire materials expense. Next up is another Gold Wing that is a heavy metal flake orange that shade shifts from red to orange to cinnamon. I'm striping it entirely with charcoal metallic and will post pics when it's done.

Attachments

• Chris truck 001.jpg
    Chris truck 001.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 104
  • Chris truck 002.jpg
    Chris truck 002.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 93
  • Chris truck 005.jpg
    Chris truck 005.jpg
    58.2 KB · Views: 82
  • Chris truck 004.jpg
    Chris truck 004.jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 85
  • Chris truck 006.jpg
    Chris truck 006.jpg
    71.1 KB · Views: 93

rjssigns

I've said it before I'll say it again. Talented people like you make me wonder why I even get out of bed in the morning.

Mad props man!:U Rock:

Marlene

nice work. I wish photos would show colors as the eye really sees them as this looks great but I bet it looks even better in real life.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Ya still got it. :thumb:

I'd go to $125 an hour. It sounds more reasonable than an even $100. I was always told never to use numbers that sound like you pulled them outa the air. Besides, you'll still get the customers and more money to boot for no extra anything... other than pure-filthy-dripping-oozing talent. :Big Laugh

JimmyG

Please check your PM's Arlo......

Very Nice stripes Arlo, your color combos are sweet....I'm quite fond of chamois myself....

:)~

Marlene

I'd go to $125 an hour. It sounds more reasonable than an even $100. I was always told never to use numbers that sound like you pulled them outa the air.

how about $103.47 per hour?

Billct2

Nice, for all the time I spent swinging a brush I never did get the hang of striping, it's an art unto itself and you are an artist.