• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Thumbnail Wireframe Preview

signgirl007

Not a serious issue but was wondering if anybody has had this problem before. Thumnail previews in the open file dialog box. I want them to always display is wireframe and not as a filled object. It doesn't bother me but our router guy has a problem with it. There is a slight delay when "arrowing" thru the files when he's looking for something. He has set all of my preferences to match his. I am still showing a filled object instead of wireframe. The only difference is he is Windows 2000 while I am XP. He's driving me nuts wanting me to figure this out. Any suggestions?

thanks,
Signgirl:)
<!--IBF.ATTACHMENT_460247--><!-- THE POST -->

Tony Teveris

The thumbnail in a PLT file is either wireframe or a full color represetation of the file, not both. Not knowing what version of Omega you have you can select to alway create wire frame thumbnails by going into the Tools /Options dialog and selecting the File tab. There you can select the type of thumbnail (cartoon) you want.

Does this help ?

Tony Teveris

The thumbnail is create when the file is saved. So you would have to open the file and then save it again generating a wireframe thumbnail.

signgirl007

Hey Tony,

Thanks for trying to help me. That doesn't help. Tried that several times yesterday when I turned off the cartoon viewing. Opening and re-saving the file. The only way I can get it to show a wireframe preview is to: File, Save As, PLT - Gerber Plot File Omega 2.0.

Tony Teveris

Did you uncheck the "Color Cartoon when saving Files" checkbox in the Tools/Options/File tab ? I tried it here and it works on my Omega 2.1.

You should not have to save back to 2.0. The reason that works is that pre 2.1 color thumbnails were not supported.