• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

.tif images look blue?

GoodPeopleFlags

We recently upgraded to Omega 3.0. I've noticed that when I have a .tif image in a file, close the file, then reopen the file, the image looks blue. Not a solid blue box, but everything in shades of blue, like a "blue grayscale" for lack of a better way to describe it. It still prints correctly so no problem there but I"m just wondering if anyone else has this happen and if so, why does it happen and what can I do to make it stop? Now, I can change the Source Image Color Profile and it will look correct... until I close the file and reopen, then it's blue again. It's not a problem now but later on down the road, if I'm not around and someone else opens the file and doesn't know that the color isn't showing up correctly, it could cause a problem. I've been putting notes in the file but that's getting old. Thanks!

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
Are you embedding the image or still using the placeholder? What are your default workspace settings and is the TIF image CMYK or RGB? What changes can you find between the workspace and profiles you saved vs. what they are when you reopen it?

Matt-Tastic

also, OMEGA 3.0 has that "preferences" button EVERYWHERE! once you change your settings to make it look right, set that as a preference and it should use it by default every time.

GoodPeopleFlags

The .tif I had in the file was CMYK so I tried it with RGB and it stayed the correct color. Hopefully that will work! Thank you!!!