• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Tip for CX-24 cutter, I think.

studio10

Hi,
Have a lot of contur cut jobs, but CX-24 is not ideal cutter for this, because there is no contur cutting option and there is skew of vinyl too. I do contur cutting with "origin set" option but it is inaccurate method. So I have some tips about CX-24:

1. To reduce skew of vinyl change pinch rollers, but also check is there metal plate behind roller and spring in pich roller assy. Mine drop down from one pinch roller assy but on another was OK. Without one metal plate there is no the same presure on pinch rollers and there is skew. Also metal plate can fall in body of cutter. You need a little skill to set up metal plate again.

2.On square shaft there is cushion (glued peace of plastic). It can drop down too and cutter dont work OK. Stik it with glue.

I hope it can help someone.

Attachments

• Kvar_1.jpg
    Kvar_1.jpg
    86.6 KB · Views: 79
  • Kvar_2.jpg
    Kvar_2.jpg
    69.9 KB · Views: 85

stevesign

Cx-24

Its no help to me, but thanks for sharing !

------------------------

12 Summa Plotters
11 Roland Printers
10 Mutoh Falcons
9 Sharp Scalpels
8 Staff a Signing.
7 Vinyl Rolls
6 Gerber Printers
5 Gold Squeegues
4 Foamex Panels
3 Metre Rulers
2 Chalk-Lines