• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Title Block Template for Corel

SqueeGee

I'm looking for title block templates for Corel(like what an engineer or architect would use). Any suggestions of where to look and/or nifty ways to do it?

Also, I've drawn some big signs at actual size (10'x20' ish) with dimensions. Any tips on how to downsize the drawing for the proof without damnjambling up all the text, outlines, dimensions, etc WITHOUT converting everything to curves?

The Giraffe

I drew my own title block. Just some boxes and lines.

When I downsize stuff for proofs the only thing that gives me fits are the outlines. I select everything then edit outlines to "scale with object". Then I save the proof and quickly ctrl-z to get back to where I was.

Cyw

I'm looking for title block templates for Corel(like what an engineer or architect would use). Any suggestions of where to look and/or nifty ways to do it?

Also, I've drawn some big signs at actual size (10'x20' ish) with dimensions. Any tips on how to downsize the drawing for the proof without damnjambling up all the text, outlines, dimensions, etc WITHOUT converting everything to curves?

Everything shouldn't get wonky when you downsize, Squeegee. Make sure you set 'scale with image' as your outline default for all your graphic and text work.
It needs to be changed without anything selected.
After you change it select Save settings as default and you'll never need to worry about it again.
Everytime you open Corel, the outlines will scale automatically when resized.

Kottwitz-Graphics

80% of the drawings I do I don't scale, because most customers are not going to break out the scale rule. I just scale the art down to fit to the sheet...As far as outlines going wonky, that's because instead of outlines, you are making pen weight bolder. There are two ways around that. Convert the pen weight to lines, or create true outlines when you create the art (I use sign tools 4).

When you have to scale, there is an option where you can do that. I'm not in front of my computer right now, but I will post where in the options menu later this afternoon.

SqueeGee

Thanks for all the suggestions on scaling. The only time this is an issue is when I have dimensions. It would be nice if you could "freeze" them and then resize for presentation purposes.

I ended up just drawing the title block.