• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Todays Photoshop Update

JoshLoring

Casey, could it be the 200Mb video driver update for OpenGL I missed? I will give it a try.
Busy.. Really Cs3 working alright? Nice! I haven't use any plugins for several years but on occasion to use Alien stuff I have to use the non-64bit versions. Lame

busypc

I really get fed up having to upgrade all the time....I own my business so the $$ comes out of my pocket. The computer we just built is fairly high end and I have a 1 GIG video card, so that helps too. When I have to I'll upgrade to CS4. For now, I'm sitting on my $$.

SignBurst PCs

They said it couldn't be done, but I'm running CS3 with Windows XP Pro 64 bit (not vista)---works fine! 8 gigs memory (extra drive for scratch drive). Works fine, much faster then before.

We used to run CS3 on XP64 a year ago. But with the performance increases you can get out of Vista and CS4, we changed over ASAP.

SignBurst PCs

Casey, could it be the 200Mb video driver update for OpenGL I missed? I will give it a try.
Busy.. Really Cs3 working alright? Nice! I haven't use any plugins for several years but on occasion to use Alien stuff I have to use the non-64bit versions. Lame

I sure could be that driver. It is worth a try for sure.

Alien Skin says that they are going to release all of their new stuff to work with 64 Bit PS, but the old stuff is not getting upgraded. I agree, lame. Those plugins could use a performance increase for sure.

JoshLoring

Busy-
We are speaking in terms of if you want the fastest possible combination of software you would need Windows 64bit, with CS4 64bit. <--Keep in mind that is only relative to the PC you have pushing the two. I think Casey has what you need =)

busypc

My computer is new and I built my own, but thanks for the heads up. I used to own a computer business and got burned out. I looked at Casey's web site, good stuff, too.