• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Top of letters getting cut off

Marie

We recently upgraded to Omega 5.0. Since then, I am having problem with the weeding border, cutting on my GS15 plus plotter. Even though the plot window shows no paneling, the weeding board cuts into the top line of vinyl if I am close to the 13 in. height. In my old Omega (2.0), I could cut almost 13 inches with a weeding border. Any idea what I am doing wrong? Some box I need to check or uncheck? Or is cutting area smaller in 5.0? Thanks!

Adding to post: Just re-cut a job WITHOUT a weeding border, and the top of the letters are still cut off. My overall height is 12.8". Very frustrated.....

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Guess you oughta check the software's parameters. Evidently something has changed in the upgrade. Or perhaps, you're just not entering it in correctly.

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
There are a few possibilities.

1. In Composer, check to see if any object has a print attribute assigned to it. This can be checked using the 1234 Print/Output Order tool (Control +D). If there is any print assignment, then you image height is reduced to 11.8".

2. There could be a tiny object that you are not seeing in the job that is increasing the height. Try selecting all in Composer and seeing what the height is.

3. In GSPPlot, there are three settings for the weed border. Weed Border On, Weed Border Off and Weed Border Plus Weed Border Gap Off. Try clicking the Weed Border button (or F4) a second time to turn off the gap.

4. In GSPPlot, there may be too large of a weed border or Y Gap setting. Check these settings in the Layout section. .1" is the default.

5. Vertical repeats is set to more than 1.

Marie

Thanks for the suggestions, Fred. I think my problem is probably in # 3 or 4 of your list. Will investigate!!