• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

tow behind boom lift

petepaz

anyone have any experience with these ?

Attachments

• cougar_0076_34’-Z-Boom-Lift-Tow-Behind-Elec..jpg
    cougar_0076_34’-Z-Boom-Lift-Tow-Behind-Elec..jpg
    35.6 KB · Views: 445

SignManiac

Only used once before to string up xmas tree lights on a forty foot tree. A little nerve racking with such a small footprint on the outriggers. I feel safer in the bucket truck.

Baz

Seen some guys using them around here. Looked pretty sturdy and safe. Beats using an extension ladder ...

John Butto

Find a rental company in your area and get a articulating boom lift and have them deliver it to the job site.
I feel they are a lot safer.

studebaker

Deluded Artist
I can say from personal experience, never buy a JLG towable manlift. The electronic controls are absolute crap! And very expensive to repair.

Moze

Precision Sign Services
I use this one about twice a month. I've used others, but this is by far the nicest one.

The straight boom has some limitations...the articulating will get you into (and over) more areas.

mark in tx

I would only buy a used one from a rental company that is giving a 30 day money back guarantee. Those things are too easy to turn into death traps by improper use and lack of maintenance.

phototec

I use this one about twice a month. I've used others, but this is by far the nicest one.

The straight boom has some limitations...the articulating will get you into (and over) more areas.

Moze,

What do they go for (rental) in Dallas and from who?

I'm not in the Dallas area, and our local equipment rental places don't have any tow-able man-lifts like this. I have seen them at Home Depot rental in the Austin area.

:smile:

Moze

Precision Sign Services
Moze,

What do they go for (rental) in Dallas and from who?

I'm not in the Dallas area, and our local equipment rental places don't have any tow-able man-lifts like this. I have seen them at Home Depot rental in the Austin area.

:smile:

Anywhere from $200-$300 out the door, which includes a 10% damage waiver and tax. Just depends where you get it from. I typically use Taylor Rental because they take care of their equipment, they allow me to reserve it, their equipment is the best I've used, and their customer service is superb. I'll go out of my way to rent from them over Home Depot, etc.

petepaz

i have two customers that rent booms and lifts so we usually rent from them. it can cost anywhere from $350-600 for the day depending on where we are going and what kind of lift.
we were just tossing around some thought on if it's worth it for us to get our own lift. probably not right now based on the prices i saw for used equip. 19-25k. might be good pricing but we don't rent enough right now to justify it.

Billct2

We rent those a few times a year. They work nice. no charge for delivery,
and someone else has to maintain them.

ddarlak

Go Bills!
I bought a used 34' tow behind lift about 10 years ago,($5200) I just used it today.

Had to measure a sign today, I got specs from the customer: 28' 4" x 26' 1"....

I'm printing it tonight, the signs real size is 30' 10" x 26' 1".... so glad I went out to check it myself.

Over the past 6 years I've taken down three 70' maple trees in my yard, by myself with this lift.

I love it!

2013-08-22 17.12.09.jpg

great place to store my canoe too!

phototec

I bought a used 34' tow behind lift about 10 years ago,($5200) I just used it today.

Had to measure a sign today, I got specs from the customer: 28' 4" x 26' 1"....

I'm printing it tonight, the signs real size is 30' 10" x 26' 1".... so glad I went out to check it myself.

Over the past 6 years I've taken down three 70' maple trees in my yard, by myself with this lift.

I love it!

View attachment 92266

great place to store my canoe too!

Wow, that's neat, it doubles as a boat trailer, wining!