• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Transfer Preferences for New Installation of Flexi

choucove

We are getting ready to replace a computer here that is much older and finally starting to die. Currently it is running Windows XP with FlexiDesigner v8.1 installed and has several preferences, swatches, and color settings that need to be saved and transferred exactly identical over to the new computer which will be running Windows 7 and FlexiDesigner v10.0. What is the best way to do this? The designer will not be in the office for the next couple days, and isn't sure exactly how to do it herself, and I'm not completely fluent in all the features of Flexi either.

The fact is someone before the current designer (who moved out of state a year ago) set up all the information on her Flexi to run with the Mimaki JV3 printer at the office, and no one knows how he configured it or how to save the settings, which is the biggest thing they are panicking about with this switch out. So any help would be very appreciated!

AUTO-FX

I know there is a way to do this, because in "preference manager" you can set up a profile, name it, and save it. This profile file can be copy and pasted into the proper folder in your new set up, thing is , I'm not sure to what extent all your custom settings are really saved in that file. Best to call SAI and get there help so you dont miss anything!

thewvsignguy

Umm, I sent a PM with the email address to Mark Rugen (aka Mr. Flexi), he helped me out about a year ago with some flexi/colorcamm issues I was having. Below is what I can figure, hope it helps:

"Using Preference Manager
Preference Manager is a utility that allows you to save all of the settings in the software to a file, including all output device setups, setup properties, default job properties, and all application preferences.

You cannot load a set of preferences while either the design or production software is running. You can save preferences at any time.

To run Preference Manager, browse through the Windows Start menu to the software's program folder and click Preference Manager.

<prefsmgr01_mac>

Saving a Set of Preferences
1.Run Preference Manager.
2.Click Save.
3.Type the name for the set of preferences in the field and click OK.

Loading a Set of Preferences
1.Exit the software.
2.Run Preference Manager.
3.Select the set of preferences you want to load.
4.Click Load.

This information is under the help section too.

Last edited:

choucove

Thank you everyone for your help! We were able to use this, along with information on how to individually save Swatch Tables, and were able to set everything back up on the new computer. We were then able to take that to each of the other computers in the office and set up their swatches and options the exact same, which they greatly appreciated!