• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Transparency

Custom_Grafx

1) Create your cutline
2) Flatten or rasterise the logo
3) Place cutline from step 1 on the uppermost stack layer or on a separate layer on top of your art.

I usually can print from Ai to VW without trouble though most of the time. If you do it as per your normal steps, what happens? The cutline isn't showing in VW?

tonywhittier

1) Create your cutline
2) Flatten or rasterise the logo
3) Place cutline from step 1 on the uppermost stack layer or on a separate layer on top of your art.

I usually can print from Ai to VW without trouble though most of the time. If you do it as per your normal steps, what happens? The cutline isn't showing in VW?

Yea the cut line just shows as a pink outline in versaworks rather then the dashing red lines

Custom_Grafx

Do you print from Ai to VW or do you save as eps and drag/drop into VW?

Either way, in flattener options, make sure you don't convert strokes to outlines...

jfiscus

Rap Master
Yea the cut line just shows as a pink outline in versaworks rather then the dashing red lines

As stated above, create your cutline, rasterize the original artwork, place the new raster artwork back into Ai with the cutline above it; save a new file, print that file.

rjssigns

Here is how ya do it after you have created your CutContour path.(and it works every time)

Save as a PDF
When dialog box pops up select Acrobat4(PDF 1.3) this is critical
Click on Advanced in left column
Click on Custom button there will be another pop-up menu
Uncheck convert all strokes to outlines.

Versaworks will be very happy with you.

There are vids on YouTube that take you through this process.

Last edited: