• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Transporting a Mutoh Valuejet 1324X?

2B

We are currently looking to pick up a used Mutoh Valuejet 1324X.

as such how does one go about properly prepping securing it for transportation?
we know how to lock the heads on our Roland printers but this is a first for handling a Mutoh

we would be hauling the printer in an enclosed cargo trailer

ProPDF

There will be a small metal screw that came with the printer (under it) that will lock the head in place just like your blue bracket on your roland. I would never put that printer in a enclosed trailer unless you had all the original packing if you have a long distance to go.

2B

Have not seen the printer and the current owner is looking for the hardware.

Is it only one screw?
If they can't find the screw what is the screw? A common one or special to mutoh.
What about capping the head in fluid?

Why not an enclosed trailer?

It's about 6 hrs one way

Sent from my SAMSUNG using Tapatalk

FatCat

Its a metal bracket and bolt - kind of L-shaped, attaches on the back of the carriage/head and bolts near the platen.

If they can't find the bracket, several strips of masking tape or duct tape should keep everything in place.

6 hours should be no problem - if you close at 5pm and turn the printer off over night it will sit longer than that...

Not sure why an enclosed trailer would be an issue. I would say it wouldn't be a bad idea to put it on something to absorb shock - like foam or something like that in case the trailer bounces a lot. When I sold our 1204, the gentleman that bought it drove up from Mississippi in his mini van, we took the legs off, loaded everything up and he drove back. Fired it up with no issues when he got home.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
We move used printers all the time in a n enclosed trailer like you are preparing for. If you can't find the screw that locks the head, just make sure that the head is in the docked position and then put some styrofoam against it and tape it nice and tight. The key is to make sure the head doesn't go flying around when moving but you also don't want to put a ton of tension on the lock mechanism.

When strapping it in, pull the straps so that they are tight but don't overdo it. If you pull them as hard as they can go you might do permanent damage to the Y bar that will cause the machine to print with poor quality and you won't be able to fix it. It's not a huge concern but it has happens to one of my customers before. Put some foam or moving blankets between the wall and the printer to absorb the shock as stated above.

If you put 2x4s under the stand between the wheels so that they are suspended you greatly reduce the risk of the wheels popping off when hitting a bump in the road.