• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Trimming a line at intersection

James Burke

Being a grandpa is more fun than working
Ok...this is driving me nuts. I mainly use Illustrator, SignLab and AutoCAD and I've just started using Omega last month. I need need to know how to trim a line at an intersection. I've looked through the Omega help menu and even on Youtube, but to no avail.

My artwork needs to be broken apart. I've drawn lines across the artwork, and now I need to break and remove some of the lines at the intersections. It's a two-second job in ACAD, but Omega is giving me a challenge.

Thanks in advance.

Jim

GB2

Old Member
I don't quite understand what you mean but it sounds like you might use the Tools/Effects/Special command and then trial and error with each until you find the right one for your task. You may have to copy an element first and then paste it back after you find the right tool to give you the desired effect for one portion of what you are working with. Another option may be to use the Add A Point Tool to add points at the intersections and then use the Detail Edit Tool to select the part you don't want and delete it.

James Burke

Being a grandpa is more fun than working
Hey...thanks, I finally figured it out.

Basically, I'm drawing a line across a vectored image in a specific area so it can be "broken apart" and plotted on a smaller plotter in multiple pieces.

I used the Detail Edit, and the Detail Selection tools. A line was drawn across the shape, and points were added at intersections. The delete tool (erase) tool was then used to remove unwanted sections.

The part I had been missing is that both items (the intersecting line, and the shape) need to be selected when using the Delete Tool.

Thanks,

Jim