• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

true vis vg 640 displays 0400 [0002] service call

Harry Shin

anyone know what this error code is for? printer was working fine earlier in the day, came back after lunch and it's displaying this message after loading media.

turned power on and off and is displaying this message. please help!

TomNJ

anyone know what this error code is for? printer was working fine earlier in the day, came back after lunch and it's displaying this message after loading media.

turned power on and off and is displaying this message. please help!

I don't mean to sound rude or offending, but why wouldn't you call your dealer to answer this question? That's what dealers do, they provide service and support.

Unless of course you purchased this used, which is a lesson in itself.

Harry Shin

We have a large job that needs to get printed over the weekend and our dealer is closed for the weekends. I was hoping to get some information on it so I could possibly troubleshoot it myself. Client has a tight deadline we need to meet.

Service call error first occurred Friday night. Turning the machine on and off seemed to resolve the issue and we printed okay for the remainder of the night. We ran into the same service call error Saturday afternoon, but this time, turning it on and off did not help.

If anyone has ran into this 0400 [0002] service call before and has any info on it, it would be of great help.

TomNJ

We have a large job that needs to get printed over the weekend and our dealer is closed for the weekends. I was hoping to get some information on it so I could possibly troubleshoot it myself. Client has a tight deadline we need to meet.

Service call error first occurred Friday night. Turning the machine on and off seemed to resolve the issue and we printed okay for the remainder of the night. We ran into the same service call error Saturday afternoon, but this time, turning it on and off did not help.

If anyone has ran into this 0400 [0002] service call before and has any info on it, it would be of great help.

Ah, makes sense. Did you try the support forum on the Roland website? May be a better targeted audience. I'm considering adding the VG to our shop and would be curious how this get resolved. I learned a long time ago that if the dealer won't give you their cell number for after hours support, I won't buy from them. I wish I could help. Good luck!!!

Harry Shin

I haven't tried the support forum on Roland yet, I'll give it a shot.

I'll post an update for you after we get this resolved. I don't believe I'll have much luck with having our dealer send a tech for after-hours support. He can't even show up on time during regular business hours!

So far, our experience with the VG-640 has not been great. It prints beautifully when it's working, but it tends to go down during critical times. Also, it wastes TONS of ink. So much for saving on ink costs.

Blaster

Adam B.
I don't mean to sound rude or offending, but why wouldn't you call your dealer to answer this question? That's what dealers do, they provide service and support.

Unless of course you purchased this used, which is a lesson in itself.
You know no offense meant here but not everyone can afford new. Remember when you started.

TomNJ

None taken. I have not, nor would I ever purchase a used piece of equipment that I had to depend on to use in my business. In my opinion, it's simply not worth the risk.

adamfromayr

I haven't tried the support forum on Roland yet, I'll give it a shot.

I'll post an update for you after we get this resolved. I don't believe I'll have much luck with having our dealer send a tech for after-hours support. He can't even show up on time during regular business hours!

So far, our experience with the VG-640 has not been great. It prints beautifully when it's working, but it tends to go down during critical times. Also, it wastes TONS of ink. So much for saving on ink costs.
where is the update?