• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

trump from a marketing perspective only...no politics here please

Status
Not open for further replies.

mark galoob

first this is not a political thread so please dont tell us who you are going to vote for, i dont really care.

now to the good stuff...

weather you love him, hate him, or are totally indifferent to him, this guy has the best marketing campaign in the world right now. his name is spoken about on every news channel every hour of every day. and i dont think he has spent one dime...

Billct2

yep, he knows how to get his name out there and not spend anything doing it, it's been his business plan for quite a while, now it's his political one. "I love money. I love money more than the things it can buy. There's only one thing I love more than money. You know what that is? OTHER PEOPLE'S MONEY." Lawrence Garfield as played by Danny Devito.

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
I agree with the effective marketing aspect. To his credit, Trump recognized that 1) there are a lot of folks that are fed up with politicians and 2) the media loves to use someone like him as a punching bag. Everything and anything else is irrelevant. He can say whatever he feels like saying and the media ends up giving him more exposure than all the other pols combined.

Come November we could see something similar to the final line of the Robert Redford movie "The Candidate" ... when he wins and says, "What do we do now?".

[video=youtube;myEpap3TxVs]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=myEpap3TxVs[/video]

Jillbeans

I can't stand the guy.
He's a loud mouth and he needs a makeover.
But you have to admit, his overtaking of this campaign has been nothing less than diabolical.

visual800

I have never seen a guy call the media out and back them up. He is entertaining for sure. I think he has had enough of the dems ruining everything.

TimToad

I agree with the effective marketing aspect. To his credit, Trump recognized that 1) there are a lot of folks that are fed up with politicians and 2) the media loves to use someone like him as a punching bag. Everything and anything else is irrelevant. He can say whatever he feels like saying and the media ends up giving him more exposure than all the other pols combined.

Come November we could see something similar to the final line of the Robert Redford movie "The Candidate" ... when he wins and says, "What do we do now?".

[video=youtube;myEpap3TxVs]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=myEpap3TxVs[/video]

A punching bag? This neofascist windbag has had the easiest path to legitimacy and the least amount of hard media scrutiny of any candidate for any office in recent history. The media has completely vacated its position as the primary vetting process medium in American politics.

They have not gone near any of his numerous scandals, the multiple trips to bankruptcy court, the abuse of public funds in NY to start his career, his father's abuse of the public trust, his sordid moral shortcomings, his own use of illegal immigrant labor, his close ties to the Mob, etc.

http://www.nationalmemo.com/21-questions-for-donald-trump/

Marketing genius? I don't think so. He just came along at a time when the GOP couldn't rub two decent candidates together with two fingers and fringe voter discontent is at an all time high. Trump's appeal nationally across all party lines is nowhere near enough to win a general election and will likely wind up ranking up there with some of the most embarrassing political defeats in history. Frankly, he will richly deserve it for going to and exploiting the right wing, low information voter's darkest, cynicism and fear based impulses.

His base is so inflated and is so unrepresentative of a huge majority of Americans that he is actually turning into the best marketer for Hilary Clinton to come along. I'll give him unintentional credit for that.

After Citizens United, the spigots on already barely regulated spending on political advertising have opened like never before. This year's election is predicted to top any previous election in ad spending. The mainstream media knows that if they told the truth that we will likely elect our first female president by a landslide on the heels of a double presidency by our first African-American president ( and probably by two landslides if one could ever expose the rampant voter suppression going on in the red states ), the spigot might not flow the way they are counting on. They need this to look like a horserace at least into the summer in order to cash in on the BILLIONS in ad buys and they knew as early as last year that the GOP wasn't putting any credible candidates out there, so they needed to latch onto whichever one would at least give the appearance of being a vote getter no matter how detestable and anti-American of a message he represents.

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
A punching bag? This neofascist windbag has had the easiest path to legitimacy and the least amount of hard media scrutiny of any candidate for any office in recent history. The media has completely vacated its position as the primary vetting process medium in American politics.

They have not gone near any of his numerous scandals, the multiple trips to bankruptcy court, the abuse of public funds in NY to start his career, his father's abuse of the public trust, his sordid moral shortcomings, his own use of illegal immigrant labor, his close ties to the Mob, etc.

http://www.nationalmemo.com/21-questions-for-donald-trump/

Marketing genius? I don't think so. He just came along at a time when the GOP couldn't rub two decent candidates together with two fingers and fringe voter discontent is at an all time high. Trump's appeal nationally across all party lines is nowhere near enough to win a general election and will likely wind up ranking up there with some of the most embarrassing political defeats in history. Frankly, he will richly deserve it for going to and exploiting the right wing, low information voter's darkest, cynicism and fear based impulses.

His base is so inflated and is so unrepresentative of a huge majority of Americans that he is actually turning into the best marketer for Hilary Clinton to come along. I'll give him unintentional credit for that.

After Citizens United, the spigots on already barely regulated spending on political advertising have opened like never before. This year's election is predicted to top any previous election in ad spending. The mainstream media knows that if they told the truth that we will likely elect our first female president by a landslide on the heels of a double presidency by our first African-American president ( and probably by two landslides if one could ever expose the rampant voter suppression going on in the red states ), the spigot might not flow the way they are counting on. They need this to look like a horserace at least into the summer in order to cash in on the BILLIONS in ad buys and they knew as early as last year that the GOP wasn't putting any credible candidates out there, so they needed to latch onto whichever one would at least give the appearance of being a vote getter no matter how detestable and anti-American of a message he represents.

It's a shame you weren't able to limit your comments to the topic under discussion. Posts like yours are why we no longer allow political discussions at Signs 101 and forcing my decision to close this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.