• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

UJF-6042 MKII UV LED Weirdness

Smoke_Jaguar

Working on a recently acquired UJF and got it all up and running for a bit. Started getting temperature messages for the LED unit. Pulled out the thermal imager, looked good. Heat was being pumped out, filters were all good. Looks like the unit was replaced very recently as the black plastics were pristine. So, booted into service mode and checked temperatures. UV LED 1 -73C, 2 26C, 3 26C and 4 26C. So, yeah, definitely an issue on sensor 1. Checked service manual and it showed the rough layout of the LED board and connectors looked good. Checked resistances and only about 2 ohms on TH1, the others were a typical 70K ohm for a thermistor. Looked at the board and TH1 was a 0 ohm resistor for some effin' reason. So, after a bit of thinking, I fired up the other UJF that I know works fine, and all 4 sensors had a reading of ~25C/ambient. So, yeah, not sure if there was some strange revision, or if the board was a total screw-up on Mimaki's end.

Not sure if mine was just special, or if there was a bad batch. Mainly just posting in case someone has a similar issue. If you've had this happen, feel free to chime in. Felt like I was going bloody insane.