• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

UJF 6042 prints extra lines

Ed's Sign

Edward S.
Aloha

My shop just go a UJF 6042 and I have been using it for making all of my small signs. I've even been able to get it to print 18" x 24" signs by bleeding it an inch off the print area and setting up my files at 16" x 22". I have started adding a light primer layer to my aluminum signs to prevent smudges and fingerprints from messing up the prints. Ever since I stared adding this extra layer, I've stared getting a thin hairline printing on the bottom of the print. It almost looks like it's re-printing a small amount of the bottom of the graphic below the bottom of the graphic. I tried it once on a sign with an arrow on the bottom, and instead of a line it printed a small triangle below the point of the arrow.

I set my file up as 16" x 24" and the graphic is 1/8" less than 16" tall by 22". Shrinking the graphic doesn't seem to help but reducing the sign to 95% in rasterlink did get rid of it, though I would rather find what's causing this rather than just adding a step to my workflow. It does not appear to be tiling when I look at it in the general print tab, but I'm a bit new to rasterlink.

Thanks,
Harry

Attachments

• IMG_4409.jpg
    IMG_4409.jpg
    22.8 KB · Views: 170

Ed's Sign

Edward S.
Here's the file. I did remove the address for my customers privacy, but other than that everything is the same.

Attachments

• CustomerParkingSign.pdf
    326.6 KB · Views: 109

Ed's Sign

Edward S.
That's what I thought originally, except it isn't getting cut off on the first print like it normally would if it was getting tiled. This was especially noticeable on the print with the arrow, as it printed all the way to the point and then printed another point below it. unfortunately I didn't get a pic of that one and I don't want to waste material printing another one. Also I don't know why it would tile as my printable area should be 16.5" and my file is only 16". I also noticed its printed additional primer beyond the red line, i have attached a graphic to try to show what I am talking about.

Attachments

• Mimaki.jpg
    Mimaki.jpg
    17.6 KB · Views: 76