• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Uninstall and Re-Install on Windows Vista.

dlndesign

Do I need to talk to a service rep from Flexi to do an un-install from the registered computer to the new windows vista computer or is this a easy swap out?

Tony McD

No you don't need to call Flexi, you can uninstall and install the program as needed.
But, if it was me, I would leave it on the old computer till you install it on the new computer and get the bugs out, if any. You should have a dongle, which will only allow it to be used on the computer the dongle is plugged in to.

You will need your dongle numbers to type in during installation, so before uninstalling anything, make sure you have the right stuff. If it's a usb dongle, you will need the hasp driver also.

I think you can have the program loaded on more than one computer, but only use it on one computer at a time. This is where the dongle comes in. You can unplug it from one, and plug it in the other.

I got a new computer several months ago. Left my old computer loaded with all the programs in case of a lightening strike or other catastrophe. But again...I'm only using it on one computer at a time.