• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Upgrade to VS-540/VS-300 from Gerber Edge?

Coban

Well our Gerber Edge gave up the ghost and blew a pixel. Gerber said due to its age its UN-repairable. This leaves us with a mountain of Gerber foils and media but since I've been wanting to upgrade to large format feel it might be the right time to get a Roland VS series machine rather than buy another Edge.

We mainly print Motocross decals, and find most of our media is pretty thick (up to 20mil) and the coloring needs to match the OEM Manufacturer specs (Honda Red, Yamaha Blue, Kawi Green etc).

I have a few questions and maybe you guys can help:

Will I have trouble cutting the super thick prints?

Will I be able to get really bright Greens/Orange/Red?

FrankW

Will I have trouble cutting the super thick prints?

Yes. The Cutter integrated into the Roland Hybrids are not the most powerful on the market. I would suggest to think about a separate cutting plotter for contour cuts.

Will I be able to get really bright Greens/Orange/Red?

No. You will never get a bright orange or green like one printed with an orange or green resin ribbon with a 4 Color-Inkjet-Printer. Thats why some fine art printers add separate color channels with orange and green inks.

CS-SignSupply-TT

Coban, check out these Roland dealers in Salt lake City

http://rolanddga.com/dealers/Default.aspx

Regional Supply, LLC
3571 S 300 W
Salt Lake City, UT 84115
Roger Ekblad
Phone: 801-415-4210
Fax: 801-261-5658

Midwest Sign & Screen Printing Supply Co
1160 S Pioneer Rd Ste
Salt Lake City, UT 84104-3743
Tara Harris
Phone: 800-497-6690
Fax: 801-974-9442
midwest@midwestsign.com
http://www.midwestsign.com/index.asp

Please understand, you will NOT be able to produce the fluorescent colors with any of the solvent printers

Molenbeek

I would upgrade to the Edge FX. You can get a $5,000 trade-in right now through us. You can also utilize all your existing foils through adapter kits and continue to get the same colors time after time. Gerber also just released new colors to match those

Electric Green (Kawasaki)
Fireball Red (Honda)