• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Upgraded from 2.0 to 5.0 - Thoughts

We've had 5.0 for almost a year now and while many things are a huge improvement, little things about it still irk me:

Why has Gerber taken all functionality out of the ESC key? The only time it puts me back to the pointer (like in 2.0) is when I'm in TOWS when "P" (apparently the new ESC key) would just enter a "P" in the text.

ugh, I'm complained twice now when on the phone with techs for other issues...seems like such a silly thing to change.

Also, the 'scan to vector' function is absolutely terrible compared to 2.0. Hundred upon hundreds of nodes come up in 5.0 when in 2.0 everything was smooth and relatively simple to adjust. I'm assuming this has something to do with their new raster to vector function (hard to learn). We mostly scan our own sharpie drawings in so this really slows us down. I suppose I could scan in a .jpg and use the raster to vector function....but it's a lot of extra work when 2.0 did it so flawlessly with the scan to vector function.

Anyway, the good outweighs the negatives, but voicing an opinion never hurts.

/rant