• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Urgent! Ugent!! Urgent!!!Printer not printing despite replacing printheads

oke

Hello,

I own a Galaxy UD1812 Eco Solvent large format printing machine. It is a china machine.
Please i have the following questions;

1. I installed two printheads on my printer but couldn't achieve very perfect tiny text printouts so i removed one of the printheads and the engineer flushed it and preserved it by dipping the gold plate in solvent however when the one we were using got bad, we trued he replace the preserved one and it didn't print. All was tried and another engineer said the error was that we allowed the solvent to get to a sensitive electrical part of the printhead and nothing could be done to make that printhead work. The board has been tried on another machine and it worked fine.

I need to know if there is a solution to such an issue that might redeem the printhead a
nd if something else could be the problem.

2. I need to know if a printhead from r1900 printers or its like would work on my machine stated above
3 I need to know the what other printers use the dx5 print head apart from r1900. I am looking at r2000 and r2400
4. I have not been able to find a refurbished r1900 from epson directly and i am afraid i might get one with a bad printhead if i get a used one from amazon or ebay.

I have attached a picture of an older printhead dismantled from the manifold just to show you the type specifically incase there is a difference between mine that might make it not work with the guide on using a r1900 printhead to replace it..

attachment.php
attachment.php
a

Your kind response would be highly appreciated.

Attachments

• IMG-20160608-WA0006.jpg
    IMG-20160608-WA0006.jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 180
  • IMG-20160608-WA0005.jpg
    IMG-20160608-WA0005.jpg
    101.6 KB · Views: 145

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
The print head in your pictures is a water based head. I can tell by the numbers imprinted on the manifold. You melted the manifold with your solvent inks!

osamaxibrahim7

Head code

Dear sir

please make sure your head is coded one or unlocked one
u can check the pins on the head side where cable can be installed so remove cables and see socket and look for golden pins it must be 2 golden pins in the socket if they close to each other like in the middle of the socket then u have old head if they far like one on the left side and one on the right side of the socket its new code or 1st code they call it in China you can compre it with old head .
also since you open the head from the IC (white chip row above the socket) when it's one row you have old head in your hands when it's 2 rows it's new one