• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

US Supreme Court

Rickey J

Very cool....nice job, looks great.

I agree its awesome! Its nice to see that the government is spending money in the U.S. Again as always great job!

"Ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country."
-JFK

thewvsignguy

non accurate my ***, i'm pretty sure this could have been done much cheaper than printed mesh, how about plain mesh???

when it's MY money being wasted, i don't care how cool it is or who made it....

+1:thankyou:

It does look like a fun project but my first thought was such a waste of my money. Sorry, just sayin'

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
Impressive,
did you guys print any Easter eggs into the layout?
I.E. the face of your company president peeking out from behind one of those curtains?

wayne k
guam usa

MIMO

Looks fantastic and thanks for sharing it. And if printed mesh can be used in place of other netting, that's awesome! Not sure what the moaning is about, what is our value proposition if there is no value in aesthetics? There wouldn't be much use for the stuff we all make if people/companies/governments/NPOs didn't want to look good.

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
...Not sure what the moaning is about, what is our value proposition if there is no value in aesthetics?...

Your aesthetics, other people's money. Therein lies the problem. Government should not be in the aesthetics business.

Salmoneye

Looks like a nice big job, and it will make quite a story for you. I hate seeing too much money spent as well but I say vote against it if you like while you are bidding the contracts that exist. Good for you. The netting can provide safety if done properly but it can also kill; I know a couple of guys that died when the wind caught some netting on an inadequately secured multi stage scaffold on a big tank and took it all down.

Last edited:

cdiesel

I don't think anyone's knocking Mike on this.. Heck, like Adam said, ANY last one of us would take the job if it came our way.

The concern is with the government wasting money.. Money that it doesn't have. Hell, maybe they shouldn't even be renovating. I know if my business is operating in the red, we don't go remodeling our building.

I'd like to order one of these for my shop building. Please print it to look like Fort Knox (which is not that far down the road). I'll send you a check or my CC information, whichever you prefer, after the first armored truck delivers a shipment of gold bars.

:thankyou:

Locals Find!

This is one of those projects that has to be done for the overall welfare of society. Protecting our national places that represent our country to the Rest of the world. Is a priority that supersedes other budgetary concerns.

Just like you continue mowing your lawn even if you have to scrape up the $5 for gas. Certain things just need to be done to make life pleasant.

If you guys are really concerned about the money side of things. I am sure you guys could get together and lobby to kill off some other projects that are even less beneficial than having an important building housing the highest court in the land not look its best at all time.

BTW I think it looks great :thumb: and hope it inspires more work. Better you than it being outsourced to China or anywhere else.

signage

The concern is with the government wasting money.. Money that it doesn't have. Hell, maybe they shouldn't even be renovating. I know if my business is operating in the red, we don't go remodeling our building.

Without doing this they could not say they created jobs! Or at least the number would be way lower without work like this being done.

Last edited: