• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Vacuum woes on HP Scitex Fb750

Tackinawa

So last week , I got the dreaded "No Service Station Current Detected" message and didn't hear the tell tale "whoosh" sound of the vacuum when the machine was purging. I have replaced the vacuum on our FB700 and this FB750 before and had no issues , they were under warranty and I got the part shipped and installed , easy. However , now they are not under warranty so I got...creative? dumb? I dunno , I saw a thread on here about a guy who ordered a step down converter box from 220v to 110v , a plug adapter and a regular 110v 1.5 gal shop vac and installed it and according to his post it worked. He was using an fb500 so I figured it should work with my fb750 as most of the parts are the same or similar. However .....when I hooked up everything and went to purge , it threw the breaker and scared me to absolute death because I thought I fried the whole unit. Has anyone had any luck doing anything like this? I'm thinking I just have to bite the bullet and buy the $600 replacement vac and move on. I know I can still print (kind of) with excessive cleaning but I have had it smear ink across jobs due to the heads being dirty and don't like that route. Any thoughts or suggestions are welcome.