• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

valuejet 1204 bad main board?

Biker Scout

See, I know right there your IP address is wrong... it needs to read 192.168.2.1

Printer lives on it's own thing. Do a search for this, we just discussed it, and a more "techie" guy spelled it out better than I could.

longbeachmichael

my router address is 192.168.0.1, the default gateway, my computer's address is 192.168.0.2 with the default gateway set at 192.168.0.1, my other valuejet's address is 192.168.0.6 witht the default gateway set at the same, why would the printer i'm having trouble with have an ip address of 192.168.2.1?

longbeachmichael

also, when it was working the ip address for the printer was always 192.168.0.4, default gateway 192.168.0.1. my router configuration page, under attached devices shows only 2 attached devices, my computer and my other valuejet, and all other addresses
are 192.168.0.x

longbeachmichael

i have tried that, i have tried pinging every address from 192.168.0.1 thru 192.168.0.200.
even if i have the wrong ip address in the RIP and on the printer, there should be activity lights on the router where its plugged in. i have tried plugging it in other ports on the router also, still no activity lights.

longbeachmichael

i'm thinking so, but why is it still printing no ink during a test print or nozzle check? this all happened at once, so i'm thinking the problems are related.

HaroldDesign

I don't know, but It seems it's just not relaying the information properly. I used to run a large HP that I had to replace that part (forgot the name of it) twice. On the HP it was replaceable. Hopefully it is on the Mutoh. I can't say for sure that's the problem, but it certainly seems like it.

Compilla

The printer acted as though it was printing, but no ink came out. There was still no activity on the
Network by the printer. After telling the Tech about this, he told me he was pretty sure the main board was bad. anyone have a problem like this?

Could be the head or the head fuses on the main board...

Derf

Some times Ink can collect on the ribbons causing voltage problems. I have had some strange problems with my 1204 too and one time it was just a matter of replacing the cable from the main board to the CR Motor Board.

Compilla

Derf,

You're right also need to mention the ribbon cables from the head board to the print head. I had to replace them before.

benjercorp

In another works no print-heads are receiving signal from MB, if you do a strong cleaning do you see ink running through the heads??

longbeachmichael

yes, the ink runs through the heads, i have emptied out the waste ink tray, and it fills up after doing a head cleaning, i have even done a head wash with the cleaning cartridges.