• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Question VBA Macro to create text goes missing when I try to print.

jchestnut

I wrote a macro to create a pricing lockup for beer signage. It's been working great but now I'm having issues when I try to print to my Fiery rip software. I simplified my code for testing to just create text lines with the brand fonts I'm having issues with.

I've tried posting to the CorelDraw forum, good suggestions but haven't found the issue. Forum Post.

Here is a screenshot of what the script is creating in Corel, and what Fiery is rendering.

The interesting part is that the text only appears in Fiery if I edit the text after I create it with my script.

Video explanation pt1

Video explanation pt2

Another issue I found. When I run the testing script, save, close, and reopen, I get the "Substitute Missing Fonts" error for the specific fonts that won't print.
Once I replace the fonts and open the file, all the fonts print!

It's like the script adds the text but does not embed the fonts to the file even if the check box is checked when I save. Idk what is going on.
Does anyone have any ideas on what is happening? Thanks!

Code:
Private Sub CreateTextTest()

Dim Font As Shape

Set Font = ActiveLayer.CreateArtisticText(0.5, 1, "Gotham Bold - Preview/Print", cdrEnglishUS, , "Gotham Bold", 30) 'Prints!
    Set Font = ActiveLayer.CreateArtisticText(0.5, 2, "TitlingGothicFB Comp Medium - Preview/Print", , , "TitlingGothicFB Comp Medium", 30) 'Blank
    Set Font = ActiveLayer.CreateArtisticText(0.5, 3, "Bud Bold - Installable", , , "Bud Bold", 30) 'Blank
    Set Font = ActiveLayer.CreateArtisticText(0.5, 4, "Trade Gothic LT Std Bold - Preview/Print", , , "Trade Gothic LT Std Bold", 30) 'Blank
    Set Font = ActiveLayer.CreateArtisticText(0.5, 5, "TradeGothicNo.20-Condensed - Installable", , , "TradeGothicNo.20-Condensed", 30) 'Blank
    Set Font = ActiveLayer.CreateArtisticText(0.5, 6, "Futura Md BT - Editable", , , "Futura Md BT", 30) 'Prints!
    Set Font = ActiveLayer.CreateArtisticText(0.5, 7, "Suti - Editable", , , "Suti", 30) 'Prints!
    Set Font = ActiveLayer.CreateArtisticText(0.5, 8, "GoodOT-CondBold - Installable", , , "GoodOT-CondBold", 30) 'Blank

Set Font = Nothing

End Sub
[/ICODE]