• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

vector line around gif picture

matejgt

Hello!
I have an questions, is possible to get an vector line around an object (in coreldraw), for example, I have an gif picture with transparent backgroud! I won an vector line around this object? Thanks

AUTO-FX

Yes it is called the bezier tool

What Signage is saying , basically, is draw it manually. In your users guide, read the section on bezier tool or working with node points. It's not really that hard once you get to know the tools you have available.

Corel may have a "trace" feature, like Flexi, I dont know. You can use a trace feature and then edit the results but it may not be any easier.

signage

Yes Corel has a trace tool, but doing it yourself give a better job. If you use the trace you need to do a lot of node editing.

matejgt

Yes, but is some tools which makes this automaticly? I try many tools "trace" but result is not good! If I use an "magic wand toll" in photoshop, it do a beautifull line around an image with transparent backgroud or white backgroud! That line would be good if it were possible to convert to vector!

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
Yes, but is some tools which makes this automaticly? I try many tools "trace" but result is not good! If I use an "magic wand toll" in photoshop, it do a beautifull line around an image with transparent backgroud or white backgroud! That line would be good if it were possible to convert to vector!

Actually Photoshop really doesn't do a very good job either, but if you are satisfied with a path you've create in Photoshop you can just export it using the Export Paths to Illustrator feature and then import it into Corel and position it on the image.

Jim Hill

Bezier Tool

I do this type of thing about 10 times a day for the graphics I create and it is really simple and fast to do and it does not matter what shape you have.

Learning to use this tool will not win you a lot of dates with the girls but it will transform your design work.

If this is going to be your cut contour line remember to use the special color so the your printer knows what you want it to cut.

This is one of the better tools CorelDraw has and once you learn to use it
things will never be the same again.

Go for it. Jim

njshorts

For corel draw only, i've used photo-trace, moved it to draw and imposed the image on top of the created vector- removing the inside data and print-cut from this graphic.