• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Vehicle Panel Inserts

heyskull

Does anyone know of where I could buy the insert panel outlines on various vehicles?
So I do not need to use cutting tape, or even worse freehand cutting on vehicles.
As Transit

Many Thanks
SC

Attachments

• Panel Inserts.jpg
    Panel Inserts.jpg
    300.7 KB · Views: 201

somcalmetim

Does anyone know of where I could buy the insert panel outlines on various vehicles?
So I do not need to use cutting tape, or even worse freehand cutting on vehicles.
As Transit

Many Thanks
SC
I have never found any templates I would trust to fit areas like that very well...I would end up setting the shape up myself from rubbings or pics if I didnt want to use knifeless tape...

Last edited:

Bengt Backhaus

I have never found any templates I would trust to fit areas like that very well...I would end up setting the shape up myself from rubbings or pics if I didnt want to use knifeless tape...

Same here.
I have used a few template places, and no matter how precise they are, i have never found one you can trust for these kind of things.

unclebun

PPF templates are different from the templates sold for designing wraps. They are cut-ready files for paint protection film and have to fit the body perfectly because you aren't supposed to cut PPF on the vehicle.

Splash0321

Professional Amateur
If it’s a vehicle you do regularly and would be worth investing $ into paying someone to make the templates for you try Procutfiles. They do it, not sure of the cost for that service. I’ve bought other vehicle specific templates from them for jeep hoods and stuff and it’s always spot on.

Precision

Fellers has an new product called "Digicut" it is made for PPF, basically templates for cutting shapes. Also, Thebadwrap.com has templates of cars and sq foot calculators. I haven't the need to use the Feller's product, but use thebadwrap.com regularly. Saves a lot of time estimating.