• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Vehicle Wrap - Best Squeegee To Use

Kentucky Wraps

Kentucky Wraps
Cool, I will give Edge Wrap Gloves a try. They yellow color of the WrapGloves is my only gripe about them. They get dirty and fade with use and washes.

I have tried many different combinations of material and squeegee's and stopped trying to make my own. I know they are expensive compared to home made but, it's the cost of doing business and I do everthing in my power to make them last.

My only real gripe is that there needs to be a flexible version of the WetEdge or Geekwraps squeegees so they can conform to slight curves better. I carry the lidco blue squeegees. They are softer and will glide over printed graphics like the Teflon squeegees. Another benefit is that when installing masked graphics in the hot summer sun, they don't pickup the residual adhesive off the mask and transfer it to the vehicle. Specifically the 3M SCPS2 and a 3M gold squeegee. They're really soft and wear out quickly though. In quantity you can get them for less than a $1 a piece.

I found the black squeegee's to be about as flexible as the Gold, but don't grab at laminate the same way. But that's why I try to have one side buffered and the other side with that Nylon patch...it makes it the best of both worlds.

Bosh

3M's PA-1 (plastic applicator 1) is the best thing they make (blue painter's tape being #2, with wrap films down the list after ventilator filters and floor-scubber pads somewhere). Monkey Strips, or the home-made buffers I dumpster-dived out of the upholstery store in the alley. Avoid anything attached to a hard plastic teflon card at all costs.

COST: really? Shop costs for cleaners, tapes, water, soap, toilet paper, electric lighting, (to say nothing of beer after hours) make buying squeegees for every job seem silly.