• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Venting a Mimaki JV-33

Pat Whatley

I'm pretty sure I'm about to buy a Mimaki JV-33.

Should I build a "clean room" with ventilation for it or am I going to be okay venting directly from the machine?

I've got the space to use for a clean room, vented to the outside, that I can use if I have to...but I really don't want to give up the space unless it's necessary.

Letterbox Mike

You can get a standalone air scrubber and vent it to that, they work well. Our JV3 is vented outside but it's in it's own room too. No matter what you will still have some odor. I've been around unvented ones too and depending on the size of the room sometimes you don't really smell it that bad. Technically you should vent it somehow though, the SS2 and SS21 ink is somewhat nasty for you.

eforer

You should definitely build an isolated print room that vents outdoors. There should be no odor in any other part of your facility, although the print room itself will always have odor while the machine is running and you should equip yourself accordingly. Our print room is about 1200 sq/ft and we have an additional 1000 cfm of ventilation in addition to the on machine ventilation which does very little truth be told. You will also need inline fans to assist the relatively weak on machine venting. We have a room with a window looking in and a glass storm door (which seals nicely) so we can see in through there too, it works out well. If you prepare throughly, you can go to a true solvent ink without much hassle.