• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

VersaCamm Eco Ink?

jeffkics

Sign Says
So, I want better scratch resistance out of my Versacamm.

What INK should I switch to?

I have tried OEM Roland and Bordeaux, and wondering if there is a more aggressive eco out there?

THanks!

Mosh

++Laminate! Seriously. Let me guess you bought a "wrap machine" and no one at the race track told you about the laminating part....

jeffkics

Sign Says
No I've been laminating for years, I know all about laminating. I am just was curious if there was something more scratch resistant when printing banners and things that you don't really laminate.
I've looked at Bordeaux (Fellers) and 20/20 (Grimco) and they don't provide anything in terms of comparing scratch resistance. I found http://www.supply55.com/ecosolventpro.html that actually has a chart of scratch resistance.
When I asked Bordeaux and Grimco, they basically said it is comparable to the OEM, but they have no data to support that.

So I am just wondering if anyone else on here has looked into the other aftermarket inks and can give an answer other than laminate.

Robert M

Higher solvent content

My experience with these light solvent inks is that the better ones are using similar solvents. To get better scratch resistance you need a stronger solvent to etch into the surface of your material. With stronger solvents comes the risk of them damaging your ink delivery system and cutting down the life of your print heads. I do have some data on Bordeaux vs. Roland. PM me if you want me to forward it.