• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

VersaWorks runtime error? H E L P

phototec

I was going along and printing just fine, they tried to open the next job, and as VW was trying to open the file I got an error message (see below), then VW needed to close, so now it does this each time I launch VW and try to load a job.

I have restarted the computer several times hoping that would fix it but NO LUCK.

Anyone have any ideas or ever ran into this?

I'm using VW 5.2.2., VW was asking me if I wanted to update the software every time it launched, because of the problems I had last time I updated, I selected to remind me in a week, no I can't see any way to have it update thinking that may fix it.

Open to all suggestions, I'm sitting here with a job to print and can't get it into VW???????

:thankyou:

rjssigns

We have a rare issue with VW. It will open a second copy in the background and crash VW. Sometimes VW won't even start. It's on a PC so the old control,alt,delte to the rescue.

May want to check your print ques too. If they are loaded with tons of files that will cause VW to choke.

As far as updates what printer are you running? If you run an SP540V like me DO NOT DO THE UPDATES! They stopped supporting that rig a long time ago so all the updates do is wreak havoc with the system.

One other issue we had was our I/O card was on it's last legs. Until it died outright it caused intermittent glitches.

phototec

What is the actual error message - I can't see it in your original post?

Oops, sorry, I forgot to post the error message, here it is below.

Attachments

• VW runtime error 3-5-2015.jpg
    VW runtime error 3-5-2015.jpg
    37.3 KB · Views: 470

phototec

Well, I feel like a dumb A$$, it was operator error!

I got a call from George at Roland and he helped me check out a few things, we discovered it was NOT VW, because it would print other files just fine

Apparently my BIG A$$ Photoshop file got corrupted some how, it's 750MB about 23 layers, and some times when it's saving, (it take a while), I must have tried to close it something and the file was bad.

Which brings up another good tip I learned a long time a-go, If you ever have a PS file that has issues, not to worry, open a new blank page the exact same size (mine was a 3x5 banner), then go up to Window and select ARRANGE and choose 2-up vertical, with the old PS file also open, use the select tool and drag each layer from the corrupt file over to the new blank file, if you continue to hold the SHIFT key down, each copied item will be placed in the exact same position as it was in the original file. I kept doing this to all 23 layers then when I was finished I named the NEW file the same as the old (so I know what it is), however I added the word FIXED on the end so I know which file is was.

After making and saving the new file which took all of 6 minutes, I converted it to TIF file and made it a GREYSCALE, opened VW and the file loaded up and printed fine, so the story is my PS file became corrupted and that's why VW was giving me the RUNTIME ERROR, the Roland tech said that VW could NOT read something in the file so it cause the error.

Thank everybody for offing your help, I had pulled an all-nighter trying to meet a deadline and I guess I did something stupid to PS and caused the problem.