• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

vette

WOODBS

is there an easier way to cut out the corvette from background? i used the magnetic lasso and then went in tight and finished with the eraser tool. thanks in advance for any help

Attachments

• pace car vette small.jpg
    pace car vette small.jpg
    75.5 KB · Views: 206

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
Mask Pro is a respected plugin for Photoshop that is a partial solution. When working by hand I prefer the Bezier pen tool. I lay down a vector and then convert it to a selection and then delete the contents of the selection. the result is a very smooth edge and high accuracy ... but it still is time consuming.

WOODBS

thanks fred, i will try it . do ya think what i did look ok? it's going on window perf for a door, around 85% opacity

grafxxx

yeah do what fred said. i usally use the pen tool then after i delete the back ground witht he image selected i put a 3-5 point feather on it then invert the selection then delete the background agian it gives it a nice smooth soft edge around the image.

Mason

Create a clipping path using the bezier pen tool then make it a selection, invert it and delete the background. Or just import it into whatever program you are going to use to design with and the clipping path should do the work for you.

jenhuedepohl

I usually turn on quickmask and then use my brushes to outline the area I want and once I get an outline I fill it in with the paint bucket. Then when you turn quickmask off that area becomes your selection and you can work with the selection as you would normally. You can copy the selected area and paste into a new document or inverse the selection and delete the background or create a clipping path (for print people). Using quickmask and brushes gives you a lot of options, including feathering selected areas and using as much or little detail as you want.

OldPaint

there was a guy in a trailer...doin car shows JOE'S PHOTOS i think was his name. met him at a car show when i was doin the mobile sign thing.
he had a photo program, he would take a pic of your car, the software he had removed all the background, and he then would replace a background, you hace maybe 10 different ones to cxhoose from....then he would put that photo on the back and on the front pocket of a white tee shirt......and get bout $60-70 bucks for the deal.
i got ACCOSTED AT A CAR SHOW.......bout a year later....
was asked if i was that JOE... who STIFFED A BUNCH OF PEOPLE ON THOSE SHIRTS.....)))))))))))) wasnt me folks.... but the guy who did this said he had a SPECIFIC SOFTWARE that did this......

Baz

I prefer creating an Alpha chanel and erassing the portion of the object i want to keep. You do this by going in the chanels menu and adding another chanel ... call it mask .. give it a 50% opacity .. and with it selected .. use the eraser tool to remove the areas you want to keep. If you remove to much .. use the airbrush and fill back whatever you need.

Once you think you have it done ... Deselect all other channels except for your "mask" channel and you will see a black and white silhouette of your object. Click in with the magic wand and give it a little feather and Bob's your uncle (hehehe).

This method is a little more advanced but works great since it doesnt destroy the original picture. You can save your .jpeg and whenever you open it up again that extra "mask" channel will be available to you.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
When you're finished fooling around punching it out, don't forget to get rid of those two reflections in the window. They are distracting.