• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Vinyl for "fence pad"

bigben

I've got a request to make vinyl to install on fence pad for a baseball team like the picture below. What material and laminate could work for this? It's just for logos that will be around 18inx18in.

Thanks.

Attachments

• Messenger_creation_8a547a5f-31e9-4211-8e4e-87ea873c43e4.jpeg
    Messenger_creation_8a547a5f-31e9-4211-8e4e-87ea873c43e4.jpeg
    37.8 KB · Views: 106

Kimberly Hiles

DarkerKat
Would recommend the thinnest cast vinyl you can find with a long outdoor life. The thinner it is the more it will conform to the pads but I doubt anything would last permanently.

bigben

I can't do either. Pads are already a couples years old. So I don't think direct print would hold up. If they were brand new, I would check to sub-contract the direct print.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
With so many kids bouncing off that fence and balls hitting it, I highly doubt most vinyls would last very long...... especially if it's old and weathered as the said.

Can you possibly hand paint it with the appropriate paint ??

VizualVoice

I just learned how to change my title status
What about a printed HTV vinyl? One could use an iron in place of a heat press, though it may be hard to get enough pressure

DL Signs

Never go against the family
Screen printing would probably be the best option, and should work on them, even though they're a couple years old.
Vinyls hold up to a lot of flexing, bending, folding on banners, that's what we used before large format printers. I don't know how vinyl receptive that material is, or how well it would hold up to actual impacts, or for how long. I wouldn't say it's 100% not possible, just not very probable considering the application, and possibly a material that may not be very vinyl receptive. The only way you'll ever know for sure is to work with the customer, and do some experimenting if they're down for it.

BigNate

How about something designed to stick to low surface energy plastics? the Substance 440LSE may work well.... like the pads, everything will deteriorate in the sunlight. replace every 5 or so years....

MarkSnelling

Mark Snelling - Hasco Graphics
I've got a customer who has done this work....the really hard part for him is that he has to totally wrap the pads (into the creases). Some of the ads need to be removable after a few games...some need to go the whole season. Unfortunately, I don't carry cast and my films had a hard time adhering around the corners. We had good adhesion to the face of the pads with our high-tack (not easily removed) and even our standard removables....but going around to the sides of the pads did us in. That guy currently uses IJ180 but even then he has issues with those corners.

Seeing you are only doing 18"x18" I'd go out with some hand samples and see what sticks and pick something from there. You can get good hand samples from Treck Hall...they've got some good high-tacks and standard films for this application.