• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Vinyl for steel tanker for asphalt

Stacey K

I like making signs
I have to put the company name on a tanker that will never get washed and only used twice a year. The tank is steel - not stainless and used for asphalt.

I'm wondering if I can just use Oracal 751 on this?

Stacey K

I like making signs
There was vinyl on there and they have most of it removed. There's just maybe 3 square feet on one side to remove yet. It was lettered probably 20 years ago. The truck is from the 80's and it's been sitting for 10 years. He did tell me it's very well insulated and has a tank inside the tank? I need 1 roll of Intense Blue or something close and 5 yards of white.

petepaz

i letter dump trucks for a paving company and i have yet to find a vinyl that doesn't burn up over time.
i have used orajet 3751 and also orajet 3591GHT both of which i have gotten no more than 2-3 years before it starts turning brown from the heat of the asphalt.

they were both digitally printed and laminated with the appropriate cast lam not sure if it's just the laminate burning or both the vinyl and lam
interested to hear what others have to say on this one
:popcorn:

Stacey K

I like making signs
LOL!!! Considering there's a good chance this thing will only be used once and then parked again, I shouldn't be overly concerned either...it's the sun that will do the most damage!

DL Signs

Never go against the family
I do a lot of equipment for an asphalt sealing company, they have the hot tanks for crack seal [insert yer' puns here]. I use 751 on all of theirs and haven't had any failures yet. 99% of it is just black vinyl, so I don't know if bright colors will have issues, but in our part of the country they're seasonal and parked half the year anyway, so you already get double the lifespan ;)

Terry01

Reverse panel it and spray paint lettering etc using heat resistant paint..Those tanks a fairly hot when filled.

Last edited: