• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Vinyl for stickers

jaybeeb

Just wondering what some of you are using for stickers. I've got some sample media here that all have printing on the back liner. Do you use media with no printing on the back liner? I would think a blank back liner would be better for stickers...

jaybeeb

Thanks for your reply MGraphics. Strange coincidence, I went to high school in Kelowna and just happened to be thinking about it earlier today.

letterman7

What's the difference? You're selling stickers, not blanked liner. Nobody would care one way or another unless they recognize the 3M brand, then they'll think they got a quality product if they see it.

tsgstl

I use Oracal 3164g
Its a pretty good chunk of my business wholesale through one customer. We have tried several and he has never had a issue with them hand cut or with printing on the back. It's inexpensive and not as stretchy as most vinyls so you can get away with no mask on larger(bigger than a business card but smaller than 1'x1')pieces. In 4 years he has never had one complaint with wear
Or quality.

smdgrfx

Was using the IJ35 and now we're using the IJ11. The IJ11 has more aggressive adhesive on initial tack so it sticks to more surfaces. The liner sucks if it gets wet, but for throw down printed decals it works well.

J

john1

Just wondering what some of you are using for stickers. I've got some sample media here that all have printing on the back liner. Do you use media with no printing on the back liner? I would think a blank back liner would be better for stickers...

Concept 203 gloss or 201 matte by general formulations. Blank liner and works great. Get it from Fellers under those names or Grimco under Brite Line name. Can laminate with oracal 210 or 200

royster13

I explain the printing on the back by saying it is a better quality of vinyl so the manufacturer wants to put their name on it....

Tim Aucoin

Customers don't even notice (or care) about branding on the liner in my experience! Now, show me a manufacturer who will CUSTOM BRAND the liner with my company logo & info and then this is a topic worth discussing!! :clapping:

gabagoo

:goodpost:
Customers don't even notice (or care) about branding on the liner in my experience! Now, show me a manufacturer who will CUSTOM BRAND the liner with my company logo & info and then this is a topic worth discussing!! :clapping:

OldPaint

if you got a printer............print your OWN COMPANY NAME/LOGO on the back of blank liner DUH)))))))))))))))))))))))

jaybeeb

:thankyou: I will check into your suggestions. I think some of our customers, who are reselling the stickers, may care.

Tim Aucoin

if you got a printer............print your OWN COMPANY NAME/LOGO on the back of blank liner DUH)))))))))))))))))))))))

Um, just stop and think about what you said OP.... Just for a minute!!! I use 3M IJ35C exclusively.... So, just think about your statement now!!!

Even if the liner were blank.... You just try to print it on a Latex printer.... Go ahead, try it!! :rolleyes::banghead:

OldPaint

YOU SAID........"Now, show me a manufacturer who will CUSTOM BRAND the liner with my company logo & info and then this is a topic worth discussing!!"
AND I SAID........"if you got a printer............print your OWN COMPANY NAME/LOGO on the back of blank liner DUH)))))))))))))))))))))))
BLANK LINER..........being optimum word)))))

royster13

Most any supplier will do custom liners for you.....But you might have to buy a lifetime supply to get it done.....

Haakon

I always see brand names on the back as a plus, and I have never had a customer react differently. Most don't care, but some react positively when I point out that I have used brand/series X or Y for this or that purpose.

Funny thing is, I use Oracal for pretty much all cut graphics, but last time I ordered some 3M wrapping vinyl, I got them to send a couple of rolls of 3M premask/application tape since I was almost out of Oracal premask and they had a shipment ready anyway. This has 3M logos all over it, and I've had customers light up when they read 3M, because that is the only brand they actually have heard of before. But if the 3M premask makes them believe that they are getting a better product, fine by me. The Oracal cast vinyl I use is excellent anyway.

Allied Digital

I use Oracal 3164g
Its a pretty good chunk of my business wholesale through one customer. We have tried several and he has never had a issue with them hand cut or with printing on the back. It's inexpensive and not as stretchy as most vinyls so you can get away with no mask on larger(bigger than a business card but smaller than 1'x1')pieces. In 4 years he has never had one complaint with wear
Or quality.

This is what I use too. I love it - prints look great and I use it for everything from small run yard signs to stickers...
Im thinkin' no one really cares whats on the back...