• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Question Vinyl Match To Pms Color Codes?

2B

Currently have customer who wants a sign that uses and matches their already designed logo colors.
Have looked through our color swatches but do not an exact and need input on locating vinyl that matches

PMS# Hexachrome Cyan

PMS# 2975

shoresigns

I'm pretty sure Hexachrome Cyan is deprecated and has been replaced with Process Cyan.

Pantone 2975

Avery 900-650 Powder Blue (12 yr cast)
Oracal 631-172 Powder Blue (3 yr calendered)

Pantone Process Cyan
Avery 900-630 Olympic Blue (12 yr cast)
Oracal 951-053 Light Blue (10 yr cast)
Oracal 751-053 Light Blue (7 yr cast)

No good matches with 3M for either colour.

2B

not sure about the Hexachrome Cyan being deprecated, this logo was created Jan 2017 and these were the colors listed in the file.

agree the Avery 900 had the closest
the Olympic blue is passable but the powder blue is not passing when we showed them

thanks for the other suggestions

myront

CorelDRAW is best
Pantone colors typically have a designator on the end i.e. C, PC, U etc. and yes, it is important.

2B

I know it's not what you asked for. But is printing the colors not an option?

Yes we can print, and will have to print.
Didn't want to do as there will LOTS of wasted material and dead space with the print / lam method

Pantone colors typically have a designator on the end i.e. C, PC, U etc. and yes, it is important.

Correct all of our books have that and it makes a big difference in color matching.
In this case we are going with the C as they like the gloss look

That's a ball of worms that's probably a bit off-topic for this thread.

just like when you change the view to wireframe and it looks like a total jumble of lines and then they complain when you refuse to cut it

the logo in question came from Logo Design - Professional Logo Design Service by Deluxe

shoresigns

just like when you change the view to wireframe and it looks like a total jumble of lines and then they complain when you refuse to cut it

Uhh, I think you need to learn how to use the Pathfinder tools in Illustrator. We would never refuse to cut a logo because the vector is poorly formatted. We just fix it. It rarely takes more than 3 minutes, even for the worst of them.