• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Vinyl project idea

Guimb0

attachment.php

A customer come and want to half facing(yellow part of previous image) of his office building highway front.
I suggest to do this like this:
attachment.php

I plan to do it in 3M-IJ380Cv3 luster.
What did you think about the idea and someone have already do this before ?

Thank's for all replies !

Attachments

• Dimension_facade.jpg
    Dimension_facade.jpg
    37.2 KB · Views: 138

Guimb0

Paint ok but he want to put house picture maybe it will be hard to paint ? ....
That why i think to make it in vinyl.
Im annoy right now

Guimb0

You're right the design was not build yet . But i have this from customer
attachment.php
attachment.php
And i never build hand painting at 34 ft height... tricks or link was welcome!

Attachments

• image006.jpg
    image006.jpg
    36.3 KB · Views: 143
  • image007.png
    image007.png
    380.2 KB · Views: 123

mpn

Ok. Makes sense now.

Also attached the reason why I suggested paint from your original post.

Attachments

• Missing link.jpg
    Missing link.jpg
    28.7 KB · Views: 93
Last edited:

letterman7

Wow.. that makes better sense with the addition of the house photo. Personally, I'd probably do ACM panels, print to those, contour cut the house and screw them to the building. You're facing a corrugated metal building with lots of screws or bolts. You'd have to take into account the corrugations in your overall calculations in printing the image (i.e. will be larger than you think), hence printing to a flat surface and attaching would be much easier. Going the banner route would also work properly applied. How long does your customer want it to last?

Guimb0

Maybe It's about 5 years or more.
I was thinking on this concept .
Logo and company name hand paint directly on building. (no white background)
In this case witch brand paint do you suggest to me.
And both side printed vinyl to refresh picture after few time .

attachment.php

Attachments

• Dimension_facade_montage.jpg
    Dimension_facade_montage.jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 109

letterman7

If you had posted up that concept first, you probably would have received more appropriate responses. I think our first impressions were that a) the yellow part was to be applied and b) the entire side of the building was to have an image.

Since I don't know what is available in Canada in terms of paint, you'll have to research that yourself. Any quality exterior latex or oil will work, depending on your skill level with either. The images.. I'd still put those on flat panels to install. Trying to wrap that around the corrugations and have it look "right" is going to be an issue.

mpn

There is another thread on here about banner spring frames, maybe that'll work if you're changing out the images on the end.

Fantazia

If you had posted up that concept first, you probably would have received more appropriate responses. I think our first impressions were that a) the yellow part was to be applied and b) the entire side of the building was to have an image.

Since I don't know what is available in Canada in terms of paint, you'll have to research that yourself. Any quality exterior latex or oil will work, depending on your skill level with either. The images.. I'd still put those on flat panels to install. Trying to wrap that around the corrugations and have it look "right" is going to be an issue.

This is right: the entire side of the building was to have an image.
icon14.png
Small images don't look well on big surfaces.