• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

VP-540 Loses Power in VersaWorks when sending job from RIP to Print

graphicsphere

Hi I’m trying to find out if it’s the main board causing a power loss when sending job to printer because it turns on, does cleanings, even prints reports and does test prints to check nozzles but when I send a job from VersaWorks to the printer it just shuts off as soon as it goes from rip to print in VersaWorks.

Any ideas what I should check? The fuses on the main board aren’t blowing and I think the transistors are good because all the colors are there in the test pattern.

Roland Technician changed head board and still shuts off so they said it’s probably the main board. I looked very closely at all parts on the main board and everything appears good from the outside.

Have you ever had someone with this problem before because I read that other people had this problem too but tried to message them and haven’t heard back from them. Any kind of recommendation you can give me would really help.

graphicsphere

Also I wanted to add that after the VP-540 power shuts off the green led lights on the main board, servo board and head board are still powered on I can see with the covers off but no fan spinning and lcd screen is off too. Once I reset on/off switch on back I can get power again by pressing power button on front and everything works again until it shuts off again because of the same thing.

mleg1972

Unplug the printer and look for any cables not seated all the way. Also,look for any broken sensors. I had an SC545EX that randomly shut off on my customer, and I found a cracked sheet set sensor. They are protected from short circuits.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Rick forsey

owner performance
Hi I’m trying to find out if it’s the main board causing a power loss when sending job to printer because it turns on, does cleanings, even prints reports and does test prints to check nozzles but when I send a job from VersaWorks to the printer it just shuts off as soon as it goes from rip to print in VersaWorks.

Any ideas what I should check? The fuses on the main board aren’t blowing and I think the transistors are good because all the colors are there in the test pattern.

Roland Technician changed head board and still shuts off so they said it’s probably the main board. I looked very closely at all parts on the main board and everything appears good from the outside.

Have you ever had someone with this problem before because I read that other people had this problem too but tried to message them and haven’t heard back from them. Any kind of recommendation you can give me would really help.
I was loosing connection to the net so I got a used mother board now I have good connectivity but I have the same problem as you it will test print but shuts down when I try to print any thing.

Vassago

Sounds like a firmware issue.. Its crashing when it gets something it doesn't understand.. I. E. A newer file version than the firmware can cope with - try an older version of the software if you can get hold of it