• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

VS-540 Not drawing ink through?

SteveHem

Hi, Ive recently bought a VS540 from a print shop in the UK as they have taken delivery of a newer VG model. The machine has always been on a service plan and nicely looked after. They made the most of the service plan and had it gone over by an engineer late Sept with new head, lines, wipers etc £3K worth of work. The engineer left the machine with no ink in ready for re sale.

I spoke to Roland who confirmed all the work had been done and is was fine for me to add the ink cartridges and run afew cleaning cycles to pull the ink through. Ive done this a number of times and cant get any ink through at all. Ill add some pics below.

Roland want £350 + vat to come and get it through, abit skint right now so not great news.

Ive left the machine on at the back so it can run ink circulations every now and then even though it does nothing, hope thats the right thing to do.

image0.jpeg
image5.jpeg
1234.jpeg

FrankW

If you do standard cleanings, it will not pull much ink. Try powerful cleanings or Fill ink.

In addition, you can open the cover and check the tubes if ink is running through them.

SteveHem

Thanks Frank. I have run powerful cleans and also ink recirculation without any joy. I’ll look for the fill ink. The Roland engineer i’ve been speaking to is a trainee typically