• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Wacom and Illy Issue

S

scarface

Hey guys, Just got my Wacom bamboo pen and touch tablet. I love it except for one little issue.

When i'm in Illustrator and use the pencil or paint brush tool and write something or draw, The path seems to be all connected which causes issues. It's like the paths from what is written or draw on the screen are connected to each other.

Is there a way to make them not connected like this?

If i draw a circle let's say, then try to draw a square over top of that, it won't show up as 2 shapes, it will make 1 weird shape canceling out what intersected between the two :doh:

Thanks!

Adam Bennett

When I'm using the pen tool for drawing or tracing I use ctrl+click to deselect the path that I'm working on and start a new one

luggnut

what version of illustrator? i never use the wacom with the pencil.. i always use the blob brush or the regular brush to draw, much like this video here.

you can edit the paths afterwards and if you use the regular brush you can change the brush strokes after you draw.

jfiscus

Rap Master
I believe there is a setting for that, go through the tool's/brush's pallette preferences and the wacom's preferences. been a while since I used my tablet, seem to have misplaced the stylus.

The Vector Doctor

Chief Bezier Manipulator
uncheck keep selected

Attachments

• pencil.gif
    pencil.gif
    15.7 KB · Views: 49