• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Walldog Mural Event in Butler PA

Jillbeans

As some of you know, I will be helping to host a Walldog meet in Butler, PA, the last weekend of July 2016. Co-hosted by the Butler County Historical Society.
We have 8 murals planned at this point.
Anyone who is interested in attending (helping to paint the murals) please check out our Facebook page:
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Butler-Pennsylvania-Walldogs/235208629986678
We'll feed ya, you will make some great friends, and learn some skills to take with you.
Love....Jill

Attachments

• header.png
    header.png
    223.6 KB · Views: 121

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Sounds like a fun time. That's a ways off, so maybe with some planning, maybe I could make one this close to home. That's about what..... ?? 5 hours from me ?? Maybe 6 ??

Jillbeans

It took me about 6 hours to drive to your place, but I am a terrible driver :smile:
These are really fun, rewarding events to attend.
No entry fee and all meals are provided.
My project is restoring a huge Coca-Cola wall.
The other walls are still being planned as to project leaders and subjects.

Attachments

• coke.jpg
    coke.jpg
    79.6 KB · Views: 95
  • OldButlerCokeWall.jpg
    OldButlerCokeWall.jpg
    111.5 KB · Views: 78

Moze

Precision Sign Services
It took me about 6 hours to drive to your place, but I am a terrible driver :smile:

That's cool - looking forward to seeing the finished product.

NateF

Thanks for posting the link - I'd love to make it down for a couple days. You don't want me touching a brush, but I'd be happy to just be a gofer and watch...

July of 2016 is a long way off and I can't commit yet, but would love to check this out. I'm not a hand letter guy but I love following this stuff. The inspiration from the design work and skill is incredible.

Jillbeans

It's well worth the less than 1½ hour trip.
This would be just the thing to get you to expand your horizons even further.
119 to 76 exit 39, straight up Rt 8.
:smile:

Ponto

........that looks like some stage work if I'm not mistaken --- JP

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Quick question..............

For something like your project, 'Coca-Cola'..... do you design it or does Coca-Cola tell you what they want ?? I would imagine they won't let just anything go up without approval by their staff.

I can understand others for car lots, distributors or other local people not having a problem with the design end of things, but a major company like this, seems a little different. Just wondering.... :wink:

Billct2

I'd love to do it, but like others said, 2016 is a ways off. I'm still trying to schedule a vacation for this year.
I don't think restoring an old wall sign would have to have corporate approval. Maybe they'd even kick in something to help the cause.

Jillbeans

We have a scaffolding supplier right in town.
The Coca-Cola sign will be as exact a replica as we can make it.
We only have the one photo, but there are a lot of pix online of similar layouts.
I have written to Coke with no response.
We've already been planning this for 2 years. It will be here before you know it!

Marlene

We have a scaffolding supplier right in town.
The Coca-Cola sign will be as exact a replica as we can make it.
We only have the one photo, but there are a lot of pix online of similar layouts.
I have written to Coke with no response.
We've already been planning this for 2 years. It will be here before you know it!

did you contact corporate Coke or your local Coke? if corp, try the local first as they might be able to get you what you need better than the main base