• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Wanted to show off a little something we are working on.

petesign

Wrapping the canopy and front of a gas station. Here's the before...

Attachments

• before.jpg
    before.jpg
    80.8 KB · Views: 133

petesign

And here we are with one side of the canopy wrapped.

Attachments

• 1 side done.jpg
    1 side done.jpg
    119.9 KB · Views: 125

petesign

We used IJ180-cv3 and 8518 laminate. Some might say it was overkill, but I didn't want to be out there again due to failure. I am not out there installing today, stuck in my little hole cranking out more things to print - we wrapped some walls in a skating rink two weeks ago, and learned a lot about how to keep things easy. Since this will be viewed from the ground, I ran seams every 52" - it saved a ton of vinyl, and makes installing in a two man lift a lot easier. I still used about 30% more vinyl than I had anticipated due to lamination problems, and gaps between prints and overlaps. Next time I will be sure to charge a little more for waste... that stuff isnt cheap! I might even sub out the prints, this thing dominated my printing time for nearly a week.

Thank you for all the compliments. I will post more pictures as the guys send them in. It's nice when a client says they are happy to have spent the $$..

**edit** here's the gas pumps

Attachments

• gas-pumps.jpg
    gas-pumps.jpg
    126.1 KB · Views: 112
having flashbacks...i spent 4 months on the road travelling from one station to another through 4 states changing out the branding of one chain of gas stations to the branding of the company that bought them out, huge color change from the overhead canopy having to be changed, to every door and window decal and everything in between..it was amazing how many little details each location had...great work if you can get it...but we earned EVERY penny.

looks good, hopefully it will lead to more work.

petesign

In hindsight now that it's going up, it would have looked better if I had staggered the checkered flag more to look like 1 continuous piece. Win a few lose a few.

Attachments

• 2-sides-done.jpg
    2-sides-done.jpg
    92.3 KB · Views: 101

cdiesel

I'd go back with some black vinyl and patch in the checkers to line up.. even if they're not 100% straight, it'll look better.