• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Wasatch to Valuejet fault

heyskull

Yesterday afternoon I set of 3 separate prints and lastly a layout print of 3 files from Wasatch to our Valuejet 1604 and left it merrily printing away.
I checked it to confirm colours and quality during which time I set up a few other jobs from my next print run.
Well everything was fine until it printed the last file of the last layout, then it started printing a grid through the last file with lettering to say my Wasatch program was not registered!
I can only assume this is also a communication issue with the dongle, which is registered!

The big issue here is it took a lot of work to get Wasatch 6.2 on our windows 7 64 bit RIP PC as Wasatch say it will not work!
After I configured this program onto this operating system it has run faultless for nearly 2 months, then this!
I would not be happy if I set of a large print and left it overnight to come in in the morning to a spoiled print.

Has anyone come across this issue as it seems as if after a while the dongle has disconnected it just strange that it was a file in a layout?
I have checked all the power saving settings just in case I missed something but cannot see any issues and everything is set to stay on.
The PC did not go into stand by as I was working on another program at the same time.

SC

FatCat

We also run Wasatch here, though we've upgraded to 7.1 when we bought the 1624 last October...wasn't happy about how I had to upgrade, but I digress. First, let me preface by saying I think Wasatch is far from perfect, especially in their customer service area and hardcore licensing strategy. I personally feel it's ridiculous to have an active copy under current license just to speak to someone at the company or ask a question to a tech.) However, I will admit that the RIP runs very well for the most part and has excellent color output for our printers. Regardless, I don't think there is a perfect solution out there for everyone, otherwise I would make a change. (I have heard good and bad of all the major RIPS out there, so I can't say that any of them are perfect.)

Anyway, I know you don't want to hear this but it sounds like you're forcing an old program to run on new hardware and that is likely at the heart of your issue. If Wasatch says it shouldn't be compatible with your newer hardware, maybe it isn't supposed to be - at least not 100%. My original copy of Wasatch I started with was at 6.5 and that was 5 years ago, and I was running it on a P4 system so your copy is also likely 5-6 years old - which is a huge time gap when you're talking software and computer hardware. I guess you can always go back and find an older computer to run your copy on, but I would think money would be better spend upgrading your software. I know it's a bite but at some point you have to upgrade...sorry I can't offer more help.

heyskull

Hi Fatcat

Yes the only reason why I haven't upgrade was due to the cost and the attitude from Wasatch.

I have two other Signlab 9.1 RIPs but I feel Wasatch is nicer to use and tends to print closer to what you would expect with little or no adjusting profiles.
Signlab is so far of the mark as far as colour matching you wouldn't believe it.
I do not have the time to set up profiles which should of been set up by Cadlink.

I guess either I will have to update Wasatch or bite the bullet and profile Signlab!

SC

Able

I think Wasatch released version 7.2 not too long ago and we were able to upgrade from 7.1 (mutoh exclusive edition) to have 7.2 free of charge as we were still within the timeframe for free upgrade.
We are actually new with wasatch (running RJ900X with it) and do not have the skills and competence of Fatcat, but it has been real nice so far.
We have just bought VJ 1624 - awaiting delivery and I want to know what you guys think about coupling it with the Valuecut 1300 (flexi starter cutting software) for a print and cut workflow? Please what do you guys think of these combinations Valuejet 1624/VC 1300 (flexi starter cutting software?