• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Wedding Invitation

"Deposit Please"

Bride-to-be inquiring about Wedding Invitations. quantity(100) I usually go through 4over or GP for biz cards and such...but not sure about paperstock or size for this particular project as it's my first. Has any of us here tackle a project like this???
Seems simple.......not sure if I should run for the hills on this one or take on Bridezilla...any insight would be greatly appreciated.

rjssigns

If you are concerned about what type of stock to use etc.. find a paper supplier in your area. Anyone that supplies stock for sheet fed presses will be able to answer any questions. They will have a professional on staff to make sure you get the right product. Will also recommend who is capable of doing the job.
Some of the newer stocks are incredible. There is even a stock that mimics the feel of human skin!

Pat Whatley

If she's wanting anything similar to traditional don't do them yourself. If you insist on doing them yourself then go somewhere like Michaels and buy the kits. You do the typesetting then laser print the info. The kits have the invitations, envelopes, reply cards, vellum, and all the rest of the hoopla.

If she doesn't care about traditional/formal then look here; http://pinterest.com/offbeatbride/killer-invitations-and-save-the-dates/ Yes, it's pinterest. I'm comfortable enough in my manhood to post that.

JERHEMI

I've been approached a few times over the years to do Wedding items and I kindly tell them I am not in the Wedding market and hurry up and change the subject! lol I have no interest whatsoever to go back and forth to try and please some "Bridezilla". It's not worth it. They all want the best of everything but all want the cheapest prices as well. No thanks!

OlsonSigns601

I get them in every so often, I tell them I only do business cards Business 2 Business.
Refer them to the print shop that pizzed you off. That's what I do.

But if you choose to do it: I wouldn't go with 4over for 100 prints. Charge for the layout and then price out the printing with a local printshop.

Pat Whatley

Dang, I misread that.....I thought it was YOUR fiance'. If it's not then get the heck away from this job. You really don't want the headache.